11-22-10, 06:32 PM   #1
turtle10
A Defias Bandit
Guild Player Points

Looking for or if someone can make the following.

An addon in game that will allocate points when a member joins the guild.
Points for raiding experience I:e 1 point per boss in a raid. Can previous raiding experiance be pulled from the game like pug checker
points for gear score
points for dps

Then to calculate these points into a single score. This will asiist raid leaders to select players when building a raid.

Thanks
11-22-10, 07:16 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

By including gear score into the calculation, aren't you lowering the performance of a raid built around the end value (by granting higher scores to people will better gear but can't do as much DPS)?

I don't know if this kind of addon is even remotely possible, but I suggest you leave gear score out of the equation to leave a value respresenting experience and performance only, which is all you should be concerned about.

11-22-10, 07:29 PM   #3
turtle10
A Defias Bandit
the score will be an average if of the three. if it came to it the raid leader should be able to drill down and see the individual scores and as required invite wether by gs or experience. It is as a quick guide for a raid leader to sort guild by either stat or overall.
11-23-10, 01:01 AM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only way to get a player's past raiding experience without having been with them the entire time is to look at their achievements. Even then, it's highly inaccurate since the achievements only answer questions based on a yes/no answer and not an experience scale and they can't really answer whether they actually did the work for it or had some friends do it for them.
11-23-10, 03:51 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The only way to get a player's past raiding experience without having been with them the entire time is to look at their achievements. Even then, it's highly inaccurate since the achievements only answer questions based on a yes/no answer and not an experience scale and they can't really answer whether they actually did the work for it or had some friends do it for them.
For an addon, maybe, but if the raid leader fill out the fields manually (at least initially) he/she can easily pull information from pages such as this.

11-23-10, 04:14 AM   #6
turtle10
A Defias Bandit
Were does pug checker pull from ?
11-23-10, 08:38 AM   #7
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
You can actually get number of kills of most of the Wrath bosses from the Statistics page in the Achievement window. That is how ElitistGroup did it when it determined your experience percentage per instance.
11-23-10, 10:42 AM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Starinnia View Post
You can actually get number of kills of most of the Wrath bosses from the Statistics page in the Achievement window. That is how ElitistGroup did it when it determined your experience percentage per instance.
Yer, that's what I linked to. Or tried, anyway...

11-23-10, 09:33 PM   #9
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Starinnia View Post
I don't have an active account atm since beta ended yesterday. I forgot about the stats page. I'm not sure if that can be brought up in comparison mode, so there would have to be a copy of the addon on both ends to query data. I think there would be a count for deaths by specific bosses too, so you could derive a win/loss ratio on total of attempts.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild Player Points