01-20-11, 11:38 AM   #1
Caranath
A Defias Bandit
Bartender4 and Tree of Life

Ok, first things first I <3 bartender4, works 99% perfectly all the time and is easy to configure etc, now on to the main issue...

basically it's to do with the Paging, it works for every from/stance on my druid, but not Tree of Life, which while not a major problem is seemingly an error, like the addon doesn't recognise ToL form.

Tree of life improves certain healing spells, and I wanted to get JUST those spells on my main bar (with a couple of other essentials) while ToL is active, but then to revert to normal once ToL fades.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Caranath.
01-20-11, 12:49 PM   #2
Bloodykiller86
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Caranath View Post
Ok, first things first I <3 bartender4, works 99% perfectly all the time and is easy to configure etc, now on to the main issue...

basically it's to do with the Paging, it works for every from/stance on my druid, but not Tree of Life, which while not a major problem is seemingly an error, like the addon doesn't recognise ToL form.

Tree of life improves certain healing spells, and I wanted to get JUST those spells on my main bar (with a couple of other essentials) while ToL is active, but then to revert to normal once ToL fades.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Caranath.
im not on wow right now but at school but u should be able to set conditions for when the bar to change like how it works for shadowpriest shadowform. might wanna see if u cant mess with the custom conditionals
01-20-11, 04:21 PM   #3
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm pretty sure you'd have to set it up as a custom conditional, since ToL is no longer a stance but a temporary buff. I'm not sure what the format would be though.

02-13-11, 06:28 PM   #4
Caranath
A Defias Bandit
Does anyone know how to make this work, tried some stuff with the conditionals but I don't really get it all ^^
02-13-11, 06:35 PM   #5
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
As far as I know it cannot be done anymore. Since ToL is no longer a stance, and the presence of a buff cannot be tested with macro conditionals, this would seem impossible.

Last edited by Starinnia : 02-13-11 at 06:55 PM.
02-13-11, 06:52 PM   #6
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I agree and I find this to be an inconvenience. The form should still be a stance/form and not just a buff, makes macroing much harder. -_-
02-13-11, 07:23 PM   #7
Othgar
"That" Guy

it might be possible to make a panel with kgpanels and write a script to hide the bar unless the ToL buff is active....but I'm not sure what the script would be possibly something like:

Code:
if "insert ToL aura id here" = true
         then show bt4bar110,
         else hide bt4bar110,
         return
end
not sure though. I'd go play with it but I don't have drood high enough to have ToL

I did some digging and without actually having a Druid with ToL the best I could get is that the Aura ID is or was 33891 if that helps at all.

Last edited by Othgar : 02-13-11 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Added info
02-14-11, 09:54 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Personally, I'd set up those spells on an unused actionbar, and then macro the ToL buff to change the main actionbar to the unused one - and put a macro on the unused bar that can swap back to the main bar for caster form. :>

Not sure if page swapping is secure - if it's not, you can use the /in command (via Ace2 or SlashIn) in the ToL macro to automatically swap back X seconds later (whatever the buff length for ToL is).

Something like this (assuming your unused AB is Bar 6 and main is 1)
Code:
#showtooltip Tree of Life
/cast Tree Of Life
/changeactionbar 6
/in 31 /changeactionbar 1
Change the "31" in the last line to however long your ToL buff lasts - I think it's 25 base, and +3 seconds per point in the Master Shapeshifter talent.

Last edited by Taryble : 02-14-11 at 10:03 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender4 and Tree of Life