03-26-06, 09:14 PM   #1
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Another New Nightly Build Up

Hi guys,

I have uploaded another new nightly build (http://wowuides.wowinterface.com/nb/...v1.0.300.2.msi) that has the following changes:
1.0.300.2: Beta Release 8
+ Added a help window that links directly to WoWWiki. Press F1 on a known function and it will bring up the wiki for that function.
* Reintroduced tooltips for known functions within the editor. Hovering the mouse over the function name will bring up a short summary.
* Updated highlighting definitions for new 1.10 functions.
* Updated apidoc definitions for new 1.10 functions (still very incomplete).
* Filled in more functionality in the Project Explorer, most of the context menus will work now.
+ Added code folding for block comments.
+ Added special region tokens for folding arbrarily defined regions of a file, use --#region [Description] to start, --#endregion to end (note: no space between -- & #)
The main reason for this release is to try and get some help with API documentation. I have several XML files in the \api directory that define some functions in the base Lua and WoW API libraries. These files are used for the tooltip display and the help lookup (WoWWiki defines widget functions as API_{FrameType}_{FunctionName}, to get the available FrameTypes for a given FunctionName, I look it up in the documentation files). The problem is that I just don't have the time to write even the most basic documentation for all the widget functions so that they all have FrameTypes listed, so help does not work for all of them (just LayoutFrame and Frame functions are complete).

You can probably see where this is going... I need help to fill out the wowwidget.xml file! There is a apidoc.xsd file in the installation directory that provides the schema for the file, and wowwiki provides most of the information. The ideal solution would be to write a small app that automatically created the file from looking up the wiki so documentation could be updated as the wiki is, or you could do it by hand like I started to /yawn.

If anyone has the time to update the apidoc files then post here so people know what is being done and it isn't doubled up. You can email the results to me at [email protected] , or post them here.

Thanks
Nulk

Last edited by Nulkris : 03-26-06 at 11:38 PM.
03-27-06, 10:52 AM   #2
lfreak
A Fallenroot Satyr

GOOOD (or GOD?)

so first,

THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL
NULKRIS IS OUR GOD
ALL PRY NULKRIS

now the other things,

the new functions (espicially the help function and the region thing) are very good

sometimes the old outlining does not work fully (ir creates for me most times a close thing at the start of the function, but not at the "if"s and "for"s and so on. (picture can be uploaded)

maybe you could at a forward and backwards button to the help "browser"

that's all

go on !!!

elema
03-27-06, 04:26 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I decided to not put in outlining sections for if and for statements as I think it makes it too messy, and it shouldn't really be needed.

Thanks for your support

Nulk
04-01-06, 09:25 AM   #4
pircio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I downloaded whatever version is on the main download site on this page, it was not version 1.0.300.2.msi.

I got it installed and it was working fine, but was also having the same "nothing in toolbox" problem others were.

I installed the latest from this thread, and now whenever I open this up, it crashes XP style...

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : wowuides.exe P2 : 1.0.300.0 P3 : 44274f6e
P4 : wowuides P5 : 1.0.300.0 P6 : 44274f6e P7 : 297 P8 : 24
P9 : system.missingmethodexception
04-02-06, 04:02 AM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I believe there was a new dependency introduced with the editor component, to run the program you need to ensure you have the .NET frameworks 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 installed. Links for 1.1 and 2.0 are provided in the installation instructions, 1.0 can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en. Please check that all 3 are correctly installed and try again.
04-02-06, 08:33 AM   #6
Mr_Vonhelding
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No good.
Still crashing on start up.
If you want I can post the error report here. but i'm sure you realise its pretty huge.

something like
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : wowuides.exe P2 : 1.0.300.0 P3 : 44274f6e
P4 : wowuides P5 : 1.0.300.0 P6 : 44274f6e P7 : 297 P8 : 24
P9 : system.missingmethodexception

and yes I sinstalled 1.0 1.1 2.0 thier all installed
04-02-06, 05:13 PM   #7
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Question

Please just zip up the content of the error message and attach to a reply on this thread. Can you state the version of the designer you are using, and what language and version of OS is installed. Thanks.
04-03-06, 04:18 AM   #8
Creamo
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Issue Resolved ;)

I got the same critical dialog box. Resolved the issue though by taking the following steps:
Everything works perfectly now. As of current, only one error pops up in the message tab in wowuides:
  • (X) attempt to index global `RaidFrame' (a nil value) | Blizzard_RaidUI.lua | Line 11 | Column 1 | Blizzard_RaidUI
This appears to be due to an incomplete reference to the new API changes in the WoW 1.0 patch, and can be completely disregarded for the time being until Nulkris finishes the next release with the completed WoW 1.0 compatible API database. Just a hunch, though. Anyhow, progress appears to be quite excellent. Can't wait to see the end product. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Creamo : 04-03-06 at 04:24 AM.
04-03-06, 01:40 PM   #9
pircio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

still having issues

i installed 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 of the .NET

can't get any updates, arrrrrrgh version of windows
04-08-06, 04:23 AM   #10
haldejung
A Kobold Labourer
Tutorial not working

I also got the crash at startup. The steps above helped to resolve that issue.

To get the feeling for the designer i tried to run the tutorial with both this release and the stable release. (with WoW 1.10)

The designer crashes at step 7 with the following exception as soon as i press OK in the "Select Skin" dialog (BTW: there is no "Basic" or "Default" entry avail in the selection, just en empty dropdown control (it was in the stable release though)).
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at wowuides.TextInputForm.ShowDialog(String Prompt, String Caption, String& Data, String[] Selection, Boolean AllowSelectionOnly)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface.InitialiseControl(IToolboxService toolbox)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface..ctor(IToolboxService toolbox, FileInfo file)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface.Open(FileInfo fi)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at wowuides.FileHandlers.CallMethod(Type handlerType, String methodName, Object[] arguments)
at wowuides.MainForm.OpenFile(FileInfo fi, Int32 line, Int32 column, Type designer)
at wowuides.MainForm.DoOpenFile(Object sender, FileOpenEvent e)
at wowuides.ProjectContent.OnOpenFile(FileOpenEvent e)
at wowuides.ProjectContent.Control_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at wowuides.Controls.TreeViewEx.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
In the stable version the programm did only not crash when i selected "Basic".
04-10-06, 08:06 PM   #11
mondoz
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by haldejung
The designer crashes at step 7 with the following exception as soon as i press OK in the "Select Skin" dialog (BTW: there is no "Basic" or "Default" entry avail in the selection, just en empty dropdown control (it was in the stable release though)).

In the stable version the programm did only not crash when i selected "Basic".

I also get the error at the 'Select Skin' dialog, which is empty.
04-10-06, 09:14 PM   #12
onenature
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Erro

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at wowuides.TextInputForm.ShowDialog(String Prompt, String Caption, String& Data, String[] Selection, Boolean AllowSelectionOnly)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface.InitialiseControl(IToolboxService toolbox)
at wowuides.WowDesignSurface..ctor(IToolboxService toolbox, FileInfo file)
at wowuides.MainForm.OpenFile(FileInfo fi, Int32 line, Int32 column, Type designer)
at wowuides.MainForm.DoOpenFile(Object sender, FileOpenEvent e)
at wowuides.ProjectContent.OnOpenFile(FileOpenEvent e)
at wowuides.ProjectContent.Control_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
wowuides
Assembly Version: 1.0.200.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.200.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/WoW%20UI%20Designer/wowuides.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking
Assembly Version: 2.99.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.99.0.7
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/WoW%20UI%20Designer/WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DLL
dmnnntw3
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
LuaInterfaceNet2
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.4
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/WoW%20UI%20Designer/LuaInterfaceNet2.DLL
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
ScintillaNET
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.6
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/WoW%20UI%20Designer/ScintillaNET.DLL
0edikf9s
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
04-10-06, 10:29 PM   #13
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

If possible, can you please attach the wowuides.dbg file to any crash reports. Thanks.
04-17-06, 07:17 AM   #14
solariz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Problem

Hi,

I reinstalled my windows some day'S ago also Wow and wowuides (latest nighly) since this I can't get it to work.

It shows up the UI but all the WYSIWYG interface things are not visible I just see the resize bars but no graphics overall.

any Idea ?

thanks alot

EDIT
Problem Solved. The installation of the Bliz FrameXML folder didn't worked successfully so the data in tehre was incomplete. After a reinstall everything works like intended.

Last edited by solariz : 04-17-06 at 07:31 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Another New Nightly Build Up