Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-22-18, 02:27 PM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to handle addon interference?

I am the maintainer of Skillet and it and Bagnon are interfering with each other. When both are enabled, either an error occurs (see below) or the player's bags won't open. Of course, disabling Skillet resolves the interference.

Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...\AddOns\Skillet\Libs\LibAbacus-3.0\LibAbacus-3.0.lua line 535:
C stack overflow

After looking at my code and looking at the issues submitted against Bagnon, I'm 99% convinced that this is a Bagnon issue (older versions work) and I don't know what I can do to Skillet to fix it. I have tried to contact the Bagnon authors with no success (there are 150+ open issues against Bagnon and none open against Skillet).

I am however, getting tired of closing issues against Skillet. I'm considering adding code to Skillet to print a big red message when it discovers that Bagnon is also loaded (and perhaps also shutting down Skillet).

Before I do anything this drastic, I thought I would ask for advice from this community first. What is the "politically correct" thing to do?

In case anyone wants more details, see closed issues #533 and #545 at https://www.wowace.com/projects/skillet/issues

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to handle addon interference?