02-05-10, 11:16 AM   #141
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
If I may make a suggestion...

The "Watch Frame" info panel button label being wider than the button itself makes my CDO itch. ~lol~ You might try using "Objectives" (which may not fit either) or "Quests" as the label instead.

Also... would you object to me brashly stealing your work to integrate it directly into nUI6? You've really done a nice job on this and I honestly think this should be a built in feature of nUI.
Rofl, of course you can Scott

Edit: In fact, feel free to grab any of the ideas that people have asked about and I made up for them It will be one less addon for me to keep up to date .. mwahahahahaha.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-05-10 at 11:41 AM.

02-05-10, 01:45 PM   #142
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, Watcher fitted perfectly so sticking with that

It's all ready to upload so I'll give it a day or two in case something crops up I didn't spot and then I'll upload it.

Characters:

02-05-10, 11:32 PM   #143
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, after reading a comment on Seerah's watchframe addon and looking into the possibility of that request I noticed how to get the following problems I was trying to solve.

1. Change the width but the quest text didn't change.
Solution: Hook into WatchFrame_Update and add this line 'WATCHFRAME_MAXLINEWIDTH = addonData["ScrollFrame"].Width - 30;' It will now automatically resize the length of the quest/achievement lines to reflect the new width.

2. Now that we have no real limits on what we can show, how do we stop the .. You can't track more than ??? quests rofl.
Solution: Add the following lines to override the blizzard defaults
WATCHFRAME_MAXQUESTS = 50;
WATCHFRAME_MAXACHIEVEMENTS = 50;
WATCHFRAME_CRITERIA_PER_ACHIEVEMENT = 50;
Of course I will have to make sure that they aren't changed by another addon somewhere so I will have those values in as a changeable value and use the newly created local WatchFrame_Update function to keep them updated.

3. If we want to hide the frame if there are no quests and achievements to watch, like the blizzard one does how do we do it ?
Solution:
Code:
	hooksecurefunc("WatchFrame_Update",function(self)
		WATCHFRAME_MAXLINEWIDTH = addonData["ScrollFrame"].Width - 30;
		if ( addonData["WatchFrame"].AutoHide ) then
			if ( GetNumTrackedAchievements() == 0 and GetNumQuestWatches() == 0 ) then 
				f:Hide();
			else
				f:Show();
			end
		end
	end);
f being the scroll frame container that we are in full control of

I probably won't get a chance to fully update the code until Monday though unless the StarTrek servers go down alot more over the weekend rofl. But just need to add the AutoHide option as a saved variable and changeable value. As well as the AutoWidth, Max Achievement and Quest watches etc.

Characters:

02-06-10, 01:50 AM   #144
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Grr, just when I thought I had everything working .. this doesn't seem to make sense though.

Okay, it widens and increases the criteria perquest but despite setting the max achievement watch count to 20 it won't go passed 10. Although, it doesn't report the error. The achievement window and watch frame just refuses to cooperate. I can't see anything obvious apart from this code but it should work as it is.

All I can think of is that I can set a hardcoded value to WATCHFRAME_MAXACHIEVEMENTS but not programmatically do it. If thats the case I'll just set them all to 50 and leave it at that. Is this a Lua restriction ? I think C has a similar restriction so possibly so. Well, apart from that little nugget all of the new items are coded in ready to roll. So once I get that figured out it should be good to go.

Code:
function AchievementButton_ToggleTracking (id)
	if ( trackedAchievements[id] ) then
		RemoveTrackedAchievement(id);
		AchievementFrameAchievements_ForceUpdate();
		WatchFrame_Update();
		return;
	end

local count = GetNumTrackedAchievements();

if ( count >= WATCHFRAME_MAXACHIEVEMENTS ) then
		UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage(format(ACHIEVEMENT_WATCH_TOO_MANY, WATCHFRAME_MAXACHIEVEMENTS), 1.0, 0.1, 0.1, 1.0);
		return;
	end

local _, _, _, completed = GetAchievementInfo(id)
	if ( completed ) then
		UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage(ERR_ACHIEVEMENT_WATCH_COMPLETED, 1.0, 0.1, 0.1, 1.0);
		return;
	end

AddTrackedAchievement(id);
	AchievementFrameAchievements_ForceUpdate();
	WatchFrame_Update();

return true;
end

Characters:

02-06-10, 07:40 AM   #145
Seer
A Molten Giant
Been using this for a few days now, and so far no problems and it's very handy.

Only thing maybe is the font, guess a bit smaller would be better. (Maybe I missed if you allready said something about it.. You post a lot )

02-06-10, 08:07 AM   #146
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, carry over from my programming days. Customers always liked to keep up to date with what is happening whether its bad news or good news

And yeah, I made a brief mention of adding an option to change the font size but not implemented anything like that yet.

Edit:
Well looking at WatchFrame.xml it looks like it should be no problem implementing a font change to both the title and the individual text lines. I'll play with it the next opportunity I get. And I think for simplicity sake I will not make the display counts configurable and just have it set them to higher numbers reflecting the fact that with a scrolling frame size is no limit.

Also, I have tried to make the defaults the same as the Blizz settings so people that just want the movability won't need to do anything and those that want to change stuff can.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-06-10 at 08:30 AM.

02-06-10, 10:54 AM   #147
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs down

OK, I don't know if this is a Blizzard issue or an add-on issue. I was questing in Sholazar Basin last night with the Watch Frame tucked neatly in the infopanel. I was in the middle of a fight when the Dungeon Finder popped up to port me to a random dungeon (I was in the queue). I don't know when it happened, but when I ported back to Sholazar after completing the dungeon, the Watch Frame text was missing even though the infopanel instance was still there. I double checked the quest list and everything was still being track. Only a /nui rl fixed it. Coincidentally, within minutes after the reload, WoW locked up and disconnected me from the server.

02-06-10, 11:21 AM   #148
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, might be an incombat issue. I will have to test it out and see what happens but I don't do dungeons anymore so might not be able to test that part out. Assuming you have done the same sort of stuff with the normal watchframe I can only assume it is something with what I am doing to it that is messing up.Although I didn't see any In Combat checks there so didn't worry about it.

Characters:

02-06-10, 12:10 PM   #149
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I did complete a quest while in the dungeon which would have had to update the watch frame. It's not a big deal since the odds of it happening again are rare.

02-07-10, 06:50 AM   #150
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
OK, I don't know if this is a Blizzard issue or an add-on issue. I was questing in Sholazar Basin last night with the Watch Frame tucked neatly in the infopanel. I was in the middle of a fight when the Dungeon Finder popped up to port me to a random dungeon (I was in the queue). I don't know when it happened, but when I ported back to Sholazar after completing the dungeon, the Watch Frame text was missing even though the infopanel instance was still there. I double checked the quest list and everything was still being track. Only a /nui rl fixed it. Coincidentally, within minutes after the reload, WoW locked up and disconnected me from the server.
The text disappearing happened to me today as well. But simply untracking and tracking the q helped fixing it. Nothing special happening either, unless completing 2 objectives for 1 quest in the same time can be called special.

Haven't seen it happen the first few days tho.

02-07-10, 09:26 AM   #151
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, if you see it happen again can you see if it is just the case of it somehow collapsing itself ? That would give the effect of all but the title and button disappearing if it somehow sets the collapsed flag by itself outside of clicking the button itself. If thats the case I see if I can tell it to ignore it, at least for infopanel users.

Characters:

02-07-10, 09:30 AM   #152
Seer
A Molten Giant
Hm, well as a side note, I think, not sure, I had another info panel open when this happened.. Hasn't happened so far again tho.

Last edited by Seer : 02-07-10 at 10:01 AM.

02-07-10, 09:55 AM   #153
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

When it disappeared for me, the collapse button and text also disappeared. As a side not, I did switch to Skada during the dungeon and then switch back and thats when it was gone.

02-07-10, 09:58 AM   #154
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, so, in both your cases, is it possible that due to what you were doing at the time you weren't on the watch frame infopanel then when you switched to it, it wasn't showing all the watched lines ? That might be a possible thing if the infopanel system hides the contents of its frame and thus the watchframe so that when it is enabled it hasn't got the status it should because it isn't being updated. I think thats how the updating works at any rate. Then again it could also be something to do with the current collapsed status. It might be confusing things as in the infopanel it is harder to see whether that is the case. So I might have another try to turn off the collapsing when in an infopanel. In other words if you click the collapseexpand it pretty much ignores it and keeps it expanded at all times.

Characters:

02-07-10, 10:04 AM   #155
Seer
A Molten Giant
In my case, I still had the collapse button..

Just completed an q objective, while having the combat log open. Logger still showed all q I'm tracking.

:-s

02-07-10, 10:41 AM   #156
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, well, still looking into getting the WATCHFRAME constants to change with some flexibility but its not easy. Darn the limitation of those. Can only hard code those values. But I'll try to work in the non collapsing mode for infopanel and test that as well introducing the option to resize the fonts somehow rofl and take the scaling system nUI uses into account as well as the individual users scaling options .. erm .. like me rofl

But thats for next week when I get the chance rofl. Keep the glitches coming .. or not as the hope will be rofl. Best to get the bugs appearing now before I complete it and upload it rofl.

Characters:

02-07-10, 03:02 PM   #157
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, rofl, just so that this doesn't go on and on before I get a chance to upload it rofl.

Fixed it so that infopanel docked mode ignores the collapse request. In other words the hooked function for collapsing re-expands it rofl. That should hopefully resolve the no text display.

Font changes and the ability to change the number of quests and objectives to track I'll add later on

If this version resolves the no text problem you're both getting I'll upload it and start working on turning the slash commands into a UI and add the extra options.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ScrollingWatchFrame_v1.0.0.zip (14.3 KB, 637 views)

Characters:

02-07-10, 04:23 PM   #158
Seer
A Molten Giant
Well, been playing since I posted about this, never seemed to happen again so far.

Still, I'll download this just for fun.

Thanks again X

02-07-10, 07:08 PM   #159
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, uploaded this copy here : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atchFrame.html.

I'll take a breather from it for a while and see what other comments come through and then work on adding changes together.

Characters:

02-07-10, 07:12 PM   #160
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Thanks a million Xrystal... you rock Lady.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » Quest Tracker Info Panel