01-21-14, 04:46 AM   #1
Stormrake
A Defias Bandit
Macro to change the WoW windowed mode size?

Is there a macro that can let you change from fullscreen mode to a set windowed mode size. Right now I'm using the macro /run local a = "gxWindow"; SetCVar(a, 1-GetCVar(a)); SetCVar("gxMaximize", 0); RestartGx()
and manually changing the window size so I can watch movies while I fish in-game. Is there a macro that lets you do this or do I have to do this everytime?
01-21-14, 05:13 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not really sure what you're looking for... you say you want a macro, but you also say you already have a macro, and your post implies that that macro works, so... what else do you want?
01-21-14, 05:38 AM   #3
Stormrake
A Defias Bandit
The macro I'm using works in switching from Full screen mode to windowed mode and vice-versa, what I want is a macro that also makes it so the windowed mode is a certain size when I use it. i.e. Instead of it been say 750x450 i want it to be 350x250 without having to use my mouse to adjust the window.
01-21-14, 06:57 AM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is not in reply to your actual request but I revived WoWVid exactly for situations like this.

I used to do a lot of fishing by the end of Wrath, afaik it still works in MoP.
01-21-14, 07:06 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Oh, I didn't realize you meant more by "changing the window size" than changing between fullscreen and windowed.

First, you'll need to find the index values for the resolutions you want to use. Type "/dump GetScreenResolutions()" and take note of the indices for the two resolutions you want to swap between. The indices should never change unless you get a new video card, or make some other system change that changes the resolutions your video card can handle.

Then, put those indices into this macro in place of <BIG> and <SMALL>:

Code:
/run local w = GetCVar("gxWindow") SetCVar("gxWindow", 1 - w) SetScreenResolution(w == "1" and <BIG> or <SMALL>) RestartGx()
You shouldn't need to explicitly set gxMaximize to 0 over and over, but if it's getting reset for some reason, you can just add that bit back in there.
01-21-14, 07:07 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
This is not in reply to your actual request but I revived WoWVid exactly for situations like this.
I used that for a while a long time ago, but then I got a second monitor.
01-21-14, 07:32 AM   #7
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you're going to swap between windowed and fullscreen mode it would probably be substantially faster to just leave it in windowed mode and set it to maximize.

Also I don't know if you really need to find the index of the resolution you want to use since SetCVar('gxResolution', '350x250') changes the size of the window.

Last edited by semlar : 01-21-14 at 07:45 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Macro to change the WoW windowed mode size?