03-29-06, 06:12 AM   #1
Vassa
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
1.10 patch error messages

I am getting this one at log in:

[String "ContainerFrame12DragBar:OnLoad"]:3:attempt to index local 'parent' (a nil value)

============
I get the following error when I attempt to open the Main Menu with the Icon or via the 'escape' key:

Interface\AddOns\BibBags\BibBagMods.lua:75:attempt to index local 'ContainerFrame' (a nil value)
==============
The escape key still functions to close windows.

Everything else appears to open without issue. (bags, character, quests, talents, friends, map, auction, bank)
Window positions on the first character I logged in were all messed up. BibMod was marked as 'out of date' so the default loaded. After re-enabling the Mod, subsequent characters maintained the window postions I had set up.

It is necessary to use the command line to access main menu functions.

Great User Interface!
I know you have absolutely no obligation to do so but would you please fix it? Having to use the Default UI just might drive me to Oblivion.
03-29-06, 06:16 AM   #2
vwtifuljoe
A Defias Bandit
i am getting the same error messages as the above poster, but i am also missing my pet bar. being a hunter, i now have really no way to control my pet other than to make him attack.
03-29-06, 07:06 AM   #3
ILT
A Fallenroot Satyr
"A macro script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI." any time i want to move. Must find which add-on is causing. But its really nice and clever - blizzard forgot to tell which add-on does that.

This is really the best one. As finding what causes this seems (for me of course) almost impossible
03-29-06, 07:33 AM   #4
Tubben
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Disabling BibBags will resolve the Interface\AddOns\BibBags\BibBagMods.lua:75:attempt to index local 'ContainerFrame' (a nil value) Errormessageproblem. Just your bags are totaly messed up after this.

But we know, that after every patch we get some Problems with BibToolBars, thats the price for using the best Bar Addon out there :-) In a few days the problems will be solved like after every patch.

Thanks for all the work, Zweider.
03-29-06, 07:49 AM   #5
Arathorn
A Murloc Raider
@ILT: from the fact that you can't move at all I conclude that you have addons installed which are hooked to the movement keys. As this is not allowed anymore, a quick suggestion would be to look for any addon doing things "automagically" while running around, and disable them, the modified Decursive in auto-mode and Druid Bar being only two examples of probably quite a long list of addons. Perhaps a visit at http://www.wowwiki.com/Broken_Addons..._and_Reporting would be helpful, where you find addons listed that were reported from the public test realms as "blocked".

HTH & GL
Arathorn.

P.S.: All this probably has got nothing to do with BibMod at all.
03-29-06, 08:30 AM   #6
ILT
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Arathorn
P.S.: All this probably has got nothing to do with BibMod at all.
My apology, did not realize where i am posting that as i came here just from homepage. But i have to say thank you for very nice link to WOWwiki.
03-29-06, 08:45 AM   #7
vwtifuljoe
A Defias Bandit
also, i noticed this morning that the buff window resets to its default position once you relog to another character or exit the the game.
03-29-06, 09:18 AM   #8
pircio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
try MyInventory, works fine for me.
03-29-06, 04:55 PM   #9
wildcat
A Defias Bandit
With the BibBag's enabled I cannot hit Esc to get the menu screen I get a BibBag's error similar to above's post. When I disable the BibBags I can get the menu again by hitting Esc. But the bag's and the things inside them are offset.

I also have a hunter and missing the Pet bar.
03-30-06, 03:36 AM   #10
Ixje
A Kobold Labourer
For the first error do go into to BibBagMods.xml to line 19 and replace

Code:
<OnLoad>
 local parent = this:GetParent();
 local parentNum = strsub(parent:GetName(), 15)
 parent:SetMovable(true);
 if(not parent:IsUserPlaced()) then
  parent:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", "UIParent", "BOTTOMRIGHT",
-(180 + parentNum * 25), 340 + parentNum * 25);
 end
</OnLoad>
into
Code:
<OnLoad>
 local parent = this:GetParent();
 if (parent) then
  local parentNum = strsub(parent:GetName(), 15)
  parent:SetMovable(true);
  if(not parent:IsUserPlaced()) then
   parent:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", "UIParent", "BOTTOMRIGHT",
-(180 + parentNum * 25), 340 + parentNum * 25);
  end
 end
</OnLoad>
For the BibBagMods.lua:75 error change (at line 73 of BibBagMods.lua)
Code:
function CloseBag(id)
 local containerFrame = getglobal("ContainerFrame"..(id+1));
 if (containerFrame:IsVisible()) then
  containerFrame:Hide();
 end
end
into
Code:
function CloseBag(id)
 local containerFrame = getglobal("ContainerFrame"..(id+1));
 if (containerFrame) then
   if (containerFrame:IsVisible()) then
     containerFrame:Hide();
   end
 end
end
all credits go to the ones who posted this on WoWWiki page. Just figured I'd help people out just looking here
03-30-06, 04:09 AM   #11
SolitaryB
A Defias Bandit
Pet bar

I've downloaded the latest version from http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=804 that should be compatible with the 1.10 patch.

Everything seems to work fine except for two things; the most important being that the pet bar doesn't show, the other thing is the tooltip anchor - it doesnt seem to affect tooltip location, nor is it's frame moveable - and I get an error when I try to scale it.
04-08-06, 04:04 PM   #12
funnyguy500
A Murloc Raider
Invisible bars?!?!?!?

Interface/addons/bibtoolbars/bibactionbar.lua:125:bad argument #2 'mod' (number expected, got nil)

Interface/addons/bibtoolbars/bibactionbar.lua:56:attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

I cant see my bars, and iget these errors, the 2nd one i get when i press the red circle to rotate the bars
06-21-06, 12:48 PM   #13
Tistorm
A Defias Bandit
i have the error:
BibBags\BibBagMods.lua:84: attempte to index local 'containerFrame' (a nil value)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 1.10 patch error messages