04-01-14, 08:53 AM   #1
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cognitive Dissonance at Curse.com

Experiencing a weird situation, related to Curse.com.

I have a bug in the Curse Client I want to report. When I use the bug report mechanism built into the Curse Client, I perpetually (i.e. continuously/forever) receive the error: "Your bug report could not be processed at this time. Please try again in a few moments"... which (as usual for Curse) does not provide any indication regarding the cause of the error nor offers the user anything constructive/actionable... except to waste time attempting to report the bug again and again.

At the same time, Curse has discontinued their forums, and does not seem to provide any sort of alternate defect reporting mechanism (no ticket system, no email address, etc).

Can anyone suggest a workaround? Very frustrating. Indeed, I have about had it with those folks...

Thanks.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
04-01-14, 11:06 AM   #2
10leej
A Molten Giant

Click on "Help" in the upper left. Follow the prompts submit a ticket
04-01-14, 04:35 PM   #3
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
Click on "Help" in the upper left. Follow the prompts submit a ticket
I believe that is for defects related to the Curse.com site. The Curse Client has its own bug report mechanism, after all.

In any event, already tried that, about a week ago, asking for some help reaching the Curse Client development team. Included a description of my problem, and a chunk of the Curse Client log relevant to my problem. No response so far, and honestly, I don't ever expect one.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
04-02-14, 01:19 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Yep. There are bugs I've reported multiple times, for years, that have never been fixed. Every Curse employee and volunteer I've ever talked to has been nice and friendly, and I do appreciate their author rewards program, but as an organization they are absolutely horrible at maintaining or fixing their products. All they ever do are push out new products, usually while they're still half-finished and full of bugs, get them to a mostly-working state, and move on the the next project.

Most of my bug reports to Curse have never gotten a response, but those that have, have only gotten vague wishy-washy non-responses that either indicate quite clearly that the person writing the response does not understand the problem at all, or that they just don't care about fixing it.

Also, the Javascript on Curse.com is some of the worst-written and most obnoxious scripting I've ever seen on any site I've actually visited on purpose and wanted to use. Every single time someone sends me a PM on Curse and I have to actually go to the site to reply to it, I find myself sincerely wishing I knew a Curse employee, any Curse employee, IRL so I could strangle them.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Cognitive Dissonance at Curse.com