10-17-05, 07:44 AM   #1
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talking May Seem Silly But...

... ever thought about making a SavedVariables editor, or adding SV editting support to wowuides?

I opened my SavedVariables files using wowuides just to see what would happen, and I could read them clearly! Notepad distorts the whole file into an unreadable state of words, symbols and rectangles, but with wowuides they are as clear as day and I could remove stuff I no longer needed with ease without corrupting the file.

Just a thought... I'm willing to test anything you throw at me.

Thanks for making wowuides! No other program has been so easy to use
10-17-05, 09:15 AM   #2
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
While this would be cool...

Try opening your savedvariables files with Wordpad. I wouldn't use Word, because of the chance that it'll try to add special markings that could screw it up totally, and test it on one of the individual variables files for a mod you don't care so much about. Wordpad however contains enough to translate the black squares into carriage-returns as it's supposed to be, where Notepad just displays it as a black box or such. That is really all the black boxes are, a hit of the enter key (end of line, start a new one.)
10-17-05, 07:24 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is already an SV editor out there, I don't think I need to do anything specifically for them. The Structure view should let you have a decent look at what is in the file, and I think is enough of an aid unless you need the specific editor (called SVedit I think).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » May Seem Silly But...