09-20-12, 08:02 PM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Call for help!

Ok, please don't derail this thread as I need it to help....

In this thread I need 2 things....

1) Any Missing Maps, have you zoned in somewhere to discover hey carbonite doesn't have the map for this?
I've had people comment that outlands dungeons have no maps... and they were right, I just looked at the code and there is nothing at all for outlands raids or dungeons... while I'm working on those I need to know any other's that got missed.

2) Any zones that cause the black circle of death (as i'm calling it) those zones that cause the map to go black if it's transparent... undercity, dalaran, caverns of time... yes i've mentioned them, yes you might of mentioned them to me, I have a bad memory >< any zone that causes it, please list.

09-20-12, 08:58 PM   #2
Calipan
A Defias Bandit
Northrend - Icecrown

Here are a couple I saw from questing in Icecrown earlier today.

Inside the Alliance airship, Skybreaker
(I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the same thing happens inside the Horde airship, Orgrim's Hammer)

Inside The Shadow Vault

Also....

Temple of the Earth in Deepholm

Last edited by Calipan : 09-20-12 at 09:20 PM. Reason: added another blackout zone

09-21-12, 05:12 AM   #3
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I usually ignore the areas that don't have maps or I use atlas but in future I'll jot them down for you and post back here..

This is from memory as I can't get in game at the mo...

Vortex pinnacle is green/no map
magisters terrace is green/no map
Sunwell plateau is green/no map

I remember a green area on a world map.. but I can't for the life of me remember where it was... It can't be somewhere I go very often....
Also it seems carbonite has no maps for any of the numerous caves dotted about...

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 09-21-12 at 05:17 AM.

09-21-12, 07:31 AM   #4
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Not sure if this one fits the bill, but Darkmoon Island had no map, unless this has been mentioned before.

09-21-12, 08:31 AM   #5
Calipan
A Defias Bandit
I'm not sure if the ones I've listed so far are really relevant. It's hard to get lost in one room, but I'll keep listing them as I see them.

Uldum - Chamber of the Stars

Ironforge
Exodar
Dalaran
Shattrath - but only when you're in the center in the Terrace of Light

Last edited by Calipan : 09-21-12 at 08:44 AM. Reason: added some more

09-21-12, 08:53 AM   #6
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Xylan Trueheart View Post
Not sure if this one fits the bill, but Darkmoon Island had no map, unless this has been mentioned before.
Darkmoon shows for me and has a very pretty map.. Using Carbonite 4.3.4 from curse and Rythals 50405 when Darkmoon was on..
Rythals latest is carbonite-50408

09-22-12, 02:45 AM   #7
Calitu
A Murloc Raider
missing maps

Utgarde pinacle green no map

09-22-12, 05:17 AM   #8
Dr Sasa
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite 5.0408 by Rhytal [spoiler]http://tinyurl.com/d3z6a5e[/spoiler] bug list

(Translation from google.de German>English http://translate.google.de)

-IF: Blag Point arount me (when right klick on minimap then minimap transperenzie not on 0% or 100% is)
-Map All over: can not look the other selectors in the world (Some Times).
-ini´s hellfierer :no map
-slavery accommodations: no map
-Quest armed forces of jade in devil forest: 4points 1 need (mini bug)
-Badlands / dragons maw: Repair icon flickers through quests by
-black rock: black circle around me herrum (when right klick on minimap then minimap transperenzie not on 0% or 100% is)
-detect function: (eg. hunter wildlife or demons) is not displayed correctly positioned

Carbonite 50409 by Rhytal [spoiler]http://tinyurl.com/d3f6wr5[/spoiler] bug list

-Will bee
-made from me
-after Testing

Last edited by Dr Sasa : 09-29-12 at 04:56 AM.

09-22-12, 09:24 AM   #9
EmyrB
A Murloc Raider
Orgrimmar

Not sure if this counts, but when you go through the gate from the Drag to Valley of Honour, the big ol' black circle of death appears. Not a biggie, but as I have a low level Orc toon, it was kind of a "huh!" moment.

Edit: Also when you go from the Drag to the Cleft of Shadows and leaving the Cleft to Valley of Strength and when you ride the elevator to where the zepplins and wind riders are.

Last edited by EmyrB : 09-22-12 at 09:29 AM.

09-22-12, 01:27 PM   #10
angro
A Defias Bandit
don't blame the pianist

in kalimdor, durotar, when starting a trol you have a quest line on the isle above echo island. the pointer goes out of scope whene entering the cave. I presume that this counts to "no map" ?

If not, just ignore the message.

grtz

09-22-12, 05:29 PM   #11
Shadeslove
A Defias Bandit

mini map

Not sure if anyone else has this problem.

I have Carbonite where it's my mini map and I use the Carbonite button layout in a row of 2's, loading all the buttons that normally would be around the Blizzard mini map.

Since the new DL and Blizz patches, when I go into a dungeon or a battleground, I don't get the blizzard eyeball on the carbonite button bar. Because of this problem, I have had to go back to using blizzards mini map and I don't like it. LOL

Please fix this problem, Thanks.

09-22-12, 09:41 PM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shadeslove View Post
Not sure if anyone else has this problem.

I have Carbonite where it's my mini map and I use the Carbonite button layout in a row of 2's, loading all the buttons that normally would be around the Blizzard mini map.

Since the new DL and Blizz patches, when I go into a dungeon or a battleground, I don't get the blizzard eyeball on the carbonite button bar. Because of this problem, I have had to go back to using blizzards mini map and I don't like it. LOL

Please fix this problem, Thanks.
Please see THIS POST for the "dungeon eye" fix and several others.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-23-12, 01:49 AM   #13
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

is the bug of not showing other partymembers quests in our list found yet?
That is in my christmas wish list of bugfixes he he

as always, thanks for doing these elite fan fixses

09-23-12, 06:07 AM   #14
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
I will list some as I find them but one issue I found is when I am trying to mouseover and bring up detail maps zone to zone. The default limit for carb is 3 zones drawn at once. In the past, the last drawn zone would close and the focus would follow my mouse. I got tired of that and set it to 99, allowing me to draw in multiple continents if I so desired. Now, once it has drawn 3 zones, it will not draw a new one whatsoever unless you physically change zones. I changed it to 99 again, and it will not draw any more zones then with it set to 3.

Just a lil something too look out for, my instinct is telling me it's caching the info and cannot remove it once the cache is full. Of course I know little about programming so that's all the help I can be. Thanks!

09-23-12, 07:10 AM   #15
Calitu
A Murloc Raider
map not linked properly

starting area Gilneas, moving round but map you stay still untill you move to next area then it sticks again.

09-23-12, 11:56 AM   #16
Haruka71
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related to the "circle of death" but sometimes I notice in dungeons that the dungeon map disappears - instead I have a zoomed in blur of the zone map (i.e. Uldum while in Halls of Origination) with the dungeon maps a tiny spec in the middle.

I also have the map zooming in while on flight paths.

09-23-12, 12:59 PM   #17
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
For some weird reason I was in Ammen Vale (Draenei new toon starting area on Azuremyst Isle) yesterday and discovered that this area is always shown on the map/mini-map as 'unexplored' even if you've already explored everything. Ammen Vale is one of those map boxes within an area map, like those for Stormwind and other major cities.

While I was inside Ammen Vale I accidentally unchecked the mini-maps 'Show unexplored areas' box and was surprised to see its map turn almost black, it was considerably darker than normal for unexplored areas, almost but not quite unusable. The strange thing is, if I place the screen cursor at the very edge of the mini-map so the cursor is outside the boundaries of the Ammen Vale map then the color of the map will change temporarily to its normal 'explored everything' color.

P.S. Just now found out today that the same thing happens with the Teldrasil map.

Also, I have the same map behavior as 'Goranth' detailed.

Last edited by Coasty : 09-23-12 at 10:12 PM.

09-23-12, 01:56 PM   #18
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Please see THIS POST for the "dungeon eye" fix and several others.
Slightly better place to find the fixes: http://rythal.com see the Sept 16 update

09-24-12, 05:39 PM   #19
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Might be a little late but in warsong hold there is a black hole

09-25-12, 06:20 AM   #20
Firefoot
A Murloc Raider
As noted yesterday - Balckroch Depths (where the meeting stone is) - no map.
Blackrock caverns - sometimes a black circle sometimes the dungeon map sometimes no map (Beauty).

Ah - I have merged minimap with carbonite minimap.

Thanks!

Michael

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Call for help!