03-06-07, 01:53 AM   #1
marc31
A Murloc Raider
Shamans in General

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on Shamans in parties and raiding as to whether the elemental build really is far better than the enhancement seeings how shamans now can dual wield and whether a healbot shammy is better than a pally in healing? How does your guilds accept your builds...do they let you play how you want or see you only as a healbot?

I personally love dual wield, but have questioned whether I should switch to elemental if that is the more dmg build etc.

Any constructive comments on this subject are welcome!

thanks in advance,

marc31
03-06-07, 02:00 AM   #2
Janx
A Cyclonian
this is how i see it. you are paying a subscription fee to play this game for your enjoyment. you shouldn't think about what the "guild" wants or needs. you should be doing what you feel like.

as for me, there are a lot of healing gears for shamans in TBC. even if you are enhancement spec, getting a set of healing gear will more than enough make you viable in a raiding or party environment to be a healbot. it's just a matter if you want yourself to be super effective. again, it all depends on your playing style.

me, i am enhancement spec with 2 sets of gear, attack power and healing. i am enjoying being enhancement spec, but i can also heal ok in parties/raids.
03-06-07, 02:19 AM   #3
Nesquick
A Murloc Raider
well yea as mentioned above: If you wanna be super efficient your talents have to reflect it.
I'm an elemental shaman. And I use the +spell dmg gear as healing gear since as an elemental shaman you most likely have a good big mana pool, which is a huge benefit.
But yea imo you can f.x still be enhancement if you think it's fun, and need on the healing gear aswell. To be worth at least something in raids
I'm not in a guild atm, but many of them i've been in, it was a requirement to be resto/holy.

The various things that the TBC talents give you allows more than before.
"Yea, forgiveness is between them and God... I arrange the meetings."
03-07-07, 03:27 AM   #4
marc31
A Murloc Raider
I agree fully with your comments, but more to my question was what does in the opinions of most shammies does more dmg elemental build or DW as before TBC elemental did more, but now DW is here so I was wondering if this is still the case. DW I get windfurry hits around 1300 and up, but I dont know what dmg on avgerage an elementalist can do.

any added knowledge here would be nice!

thank you!

marc31
03-10-07, 04:35 PM   #5
Tuha
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I made the mistake of doing all elementals...now I'm stuck with crummy staffs, albeit, the magic force is better but yuor always the one stuck in the back curing everyone and laying totems when your in group quests. Then...should one of the bad guys get through the cracks in your party...guess what??? your fighting a dragon with a toothopick.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Shamans in General