01-27-10, 02:47 AM   #1
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
What are the biggest ussage addons?

Can someone take a look at my UI (DaigeUI) and tell me what you would remove to get the best performance? From the look of it pitbull is sucking up alot as well as GS and lightheaded. But I think there is an overload of non needed addons. I want it to look like it does in the pics. But it is lagging alot for some reason lately.
01-27-10, 03:11 AM   #2
Arxae
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hover over your menu button, there you can see the top 3 memory users otherwise, get a profiler addon
01-27-10, 03:51 AM   #3
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by DarkSigma View Post
hover over your menu button, there you can see the top 3 memory users otherwise, get a profiler addon
I know what ones are eating it up. They are the ones listed. I was mainly looking for a more streamlined UI. And a way to shave off some addons that are not needed
01-27-10, 04:32 AM   #4
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Memory usage barely affects your performance. You would do better looking for CPU usage.
01-27-10, 08:55 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SenseiLoki View Post
I know what ones are eating it up. They are the ones listed. I was mainly looking for a more streamlined UI. And a way to shave off some addons that are not needed
One word. nUI.
01-27-10, 01:16 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Replace PitBull3 with PitBull4. Your old version of PitBull is in life support stages, still runs the old, buggy Rock framework, and depends on DogTags for its text display. PitBull4 was rewritten from the ground up, uses a different framework, and has support for "Lua Texts" instead of DogTags.

LightHeaded's use is just static memory, which has no effect on performance. (As mentioned above, it's CPU usage that effects performance, not memory - unless you're running <1GB of RAM.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-28-10, 02:20 AM   #7
Amenity
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
...it's CPU usage that affects performance, not memory...
Sorry...just a pet peeve of mine.

And if you'd like a good addon profiler, look no further than...uhh...Addon Profiler. Gee, I wonder what it does...

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nProfiler.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What are the biggest ussage addons?