10-29-07, 06:43 AM   #1
Ualaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Chat Tabs

I don't think I did anything, but I must have...

I used to be able to mouse over the chat window, just above where the text is, and it would show my tabs, for example General, Trade, Guild, Whisper etc.

Occasionally, mousing over the tabs does not bring up the tabs, but reloading the UI fixed it. Recently, even this does not bring them back, nor does logging out of the game and then relogging in.

When in Shattrath, I'd like to be able to switch to the tab which has the trade channel in it. Not really sure why the tabs have gone away and would appreciate any suggestions.

The search feature for the forum does not give useful hits for Tabs, Channels or Chat. Not sure what else to search for.

Thanks in advance.
10-29-07, 08:18 AM   #2
zekial-an
A Defias Bandit
Ive really messed my chat windows up. Is there a sequance of commands i can run to restore them to the original settings without mazzifying again. (I realise the settings are dependant on screen res etc, if i create the windows again with the same names and load the themes for each respective window would this also work? If so could some one tell me the exact window names
10-29-07, 09:10 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you still have them set up correctly for one character, go into that character's folder in your WTF folder and copy the chat-cache.txt from one character's folder to another's. That is the only way to do it without re-mazzifying.

@Ualaa: you can re-mazzify to restore settings in case you changed anything. Make sure to remazzify Prat as well.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-29-07, 03:53 PM   #4
Ualaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, I'll try that.
10-29-07, 04:02 PM   #5
Ualaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just did a mazzlegasm, configuring everything except button layout and keybindings, as I changed most of the keybinds for my various spells.

Unfortunately, I only have the default starting chat tab, and still cannot see other tabs. I remember seeing the option for chat tabs to gradually fade in, or immediately appear.... somewhere in mazzle options, but I cannot seem to find this.

Kind of annoying... I can get by, by just using /join trade, etc.. Assuming I cannot restore mazzle chat stuff to the default and desired settings, can I make a chat window and drag it out onto my screen? I do not see the tabs to right click on them to create a new window etc, so it would have to be either via addon configuration or a command line text thing...

Thanks for any assistance.
10-29-07, 04:32 PM   #6
Ualaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not sure if this helps diagnose my problem or not..

In raids, the only window for chat available is the one I have now. When a raid ends and I am ungrouped, the other chat windows used to come back. As far as I can tell, I don't have any efficiency modes enabled solo.

Not even sure if this is the right thing to cause this or point to a fix. However, the single window has consistently occurred during raids, and I seem to be stuck with it now.
10-29-07, 05:59 PM   #7
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Prat is totaly customizable
make it work the way you want
type /prat ingame

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chat Tabs