10-27-07, 09:56 AM   #1
Dymphna
A Defias Bandit
Mazzifier/Setup Issues

I really hate to ask this, as I see this question asked repeatedly, and people here must be tired of it, but I tried all the solutions that were suggested in forums, and none of them worked successfully. If someone would care to help, that'd be fantastic, if not...I understand.

I do want to say that, just stumbling across this the other day, it seems to be not only the best put together compilation pack, but also the most innovative (Just prone to being a bit buggy since 2.2 apparently)
(I am running WoW 2.2.3 on Mac OSX)

1) Downloaded and installed 1.1, tried running it. Only 4 bugs thrown at the very beginning, so didn't seem too bad. Seemed to get close to an end result, except the Finish button on the Mazzifier. As suggested, did not check the Blizzards box, and Finish button appeared. However, a large number of UI elements (Such as anything regarding button layout) did not configure. Bongos was instead confined to one giant bar, with no other bars being configurable.

2) Took advice of threads here and downloaded the patch and installed it, since I was on a Mac I spent about an hour individually copying files over so nothing important was overwritten. When I tried to run it this time, it was even worse than the first time. All the image previews were gone, and I got about 14 bug exceptions thrown just upon logging in, and the Mazzifier did about the same result as the first.

All the posts here I've seen seem to say that the patch addresses the problems, but it just seems to make it worse for me. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Is it a Mac related bug? Should I just watch til a 2.2.3 or 2.3 compliant version of the entire package gets released?

I really appreciate any help anyone has to give, I am sorry for what probably seems a dumb question, but I'd be ecstastic if I could get this working. Thanks so much~
10-27-07, 10:59 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In one of these threads, some mac-proficient people provide ways to quickly copy those files over (via shell commands I believe.)

In any case, you'll need to look in bugsack for errors if you want people to help you. I'd suggest starting over. It sounds like you might have munged something up while manually copying things.
10-27-07, 11:30 AM   #3
Dymphna
A Defias Bandit
So I seemed to have made progress, but with a few notable problems still.

The only error of any note that seems to get sent is:
"MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:25: attempt to call method 'assert' (a nil value)

---" All the others seem very minor.

Actual problems consist of:
*3D Models not loading (I really don't care about this, it just makes weird empty space, I'll live)
*Bongos is horrible nonfunctional. Mazz not only doesn't configure them, but it throws all 85 buttons into one bar, and I can't configure it at all. Stuck to one bar that can have buttons moved around, but not reshaped or moved to other bars.

Everything else I can just manually reconfigure, I am used to doing that with UIs for years, but it won't even let me reconfigure Bongos (I tried both the pally setup and the basic setup). Can I replace it with bartender or something, and just manually rearrange everything, or will Mazz not like that?
10-27-07, 11:34 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
An error during Mazzifying will halt the rest of the configuration. It probably isn't getting to the part where it configures the buttons.

I thought the assert issue was something that was fixed in the original 1.1 patch, but that happened after I stopped playing WoW, so I'm not sure. You could comment out that line. It's not essential.
10-27-07, 12:27 PM   #5
Dymphna
A Defias Bandit
Thanks a bunch, commenting that out worked just dandy, got a functional (and my god it's nice) mazzle interface now. It's really the best interface I've seen.

Still got a couple issues, mostly with the context menu (likes to throw tooltip bugs, but those are ignorable) and some keybindings, but that's easy enough to figure out on my own.

How do I scroll the Blessings menu on the far left of the pally setup though? In the picture it has buttons for that, but I presume those aren't a necessary step for that process? Or would it switch to say a greater blessing option in parties?

Again, thanks for all the help, works fantastically.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzifier/Setup Issues