02-03-11, 09:35 AM   #1
sandbenders
A Kobold Labourer
Does anyone need user experience help?

Hey guys and gals-

At my day job, I'm a user experience designer. My job is to work on user interfaces- things like web forms, information filtering tools, etc. to make them easier for users to understand. I work with graphic designers (who make things pretty) and programmers (who make things work) to make sure that the pretty and functional tools they are building actually work.

I'm also a pretty serious WoW player- I started in December '05 and have, at times, been a regular raider, although right now I'm taking a slower path with a group of 5 friends, starting on Cata heroics. I have tanked, healed, and DPS'ed from up close and afar. Although I wouldn't say I'm an expert at anything, I have a solid grasp of theorycrafting concepts and game mechanics.

After all that... I'm really writing to see if anyone wants help. I have some skills that might be of use to addon developers, especially newer developers or professional developers that have access to user experience people at work but not on their spare-time projects. Do you have a form in your addon control panel that's getting out of hand? Do you have a question about how to capture your user's attention (or avoid distracting them)? Shoot me a PM or post in this thread. I'm happy to provide suggestions, as well as pitching in on larger scale projects.

-Sandbenders

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Does anyone need user experience help?