05-12-10, 01:47 PM   #2221
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alrightio.
Edit: I should stop this pointless posting.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

05-12-10, 04:00 PM   #2222
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Eww, colours in a UI.

Other than that, this UI seems very well put together. The layout is very nice and streamlined, except I dunno what those buffs are doing floating about with no real alignment to anything (at the top of the screen). Your quest tracker's also out of place.
Quest tracker keeps popping up at inopportune times - I _THINK_ I've got it just about shut off, but it keeps popping up randomly when I'm in instances. I use MonkeyQuest normally for tracking - it sits above Skada.

Buffs/debuffs at the top are leftovers. Oops. Left over from my previous UI, that is. Need to get around to fixing them.

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
It looks like your right action bar is a bit off. It looks like it's crowding your party frames a little bit. Also, (and this is pure personal preference) I'd do away with the shadow on all your text. I've never been a fan of font shadowing. I think it just looks sloppy. The unshadow'd text on your damage meter looks much nicer and cleaner than that in your fubar, unit frames, and chat window.
Problem is, since I don't have a background behind them anymore, they get very hard to see in certain situations - very bright areas, etc. I was going to put an outline around the font in Skada, but hadn't quite found the right line to change yet. I'll look at it again with outlines turned off, tho'.

Also, I think I fixed the action bar issue. Thanks for pointing it out!

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
As for a suggestion (possibly) im not sure what unit frames you are using but if the option exists try adjusting the offset of the text shadow. Some of the more bold fonts tend to look a little odd with it.

The power bars for the party frames are thinner on the top set. I would also make the panels on either side slightly further apart so your font doesn't overlap and you can center the map more accurately (its about 1 pixel too low).
Yeah, I liked the general idea of your UF's, and the texture from Limb0 really caught my eye - I just didn't like the dark blue, too close to the class color for shaman. :-)

It's done in StUF... and I thought I had my UI scaled properly for being pixel perfect, too. Hrmm. I'll have to dig into that. Thanks for pointing out the issue with those mana bars!

I'll get another screeny posted in a day or two, with the changes. :-)

05-12-10, 04:33 PM   #2223
Wella

Looking forward to new screenie.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-12-10, 05:42 PM   #2224
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
Yeah, for some reason Fane handles font flags strangely, which is why it is so dark :P If you don't like 'em, you could either change the flags, or just turn Fane off :P (Not trying sound all stuck-up, or anything =P)
You Can remove the shadow on the fonts in fane. And a suggestion is alpha in not Active channels.

05-13-10, 10:17 AM   #2225
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Taryble, the "renaitreflat" texture looks great in your UI, thank you for checking it out and glad you like it.

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
..I hate how people don't consider your judgement or constructive criticism and state, "You can change the font yourself, this is how you do it ....." instead of saying "Yeah, I have it for this reason, and that reason, and thank you for your criticism!"

I just saw a post earlier in the thread, someone stating something about something... And they shunned it.
I had replied to a post, which you might have read and referenced. My response was more along the lines of, "if you don't like something, here's what you can do about it to make it better" instead of taking a defensive stance on the issue. My intention was not to be rude, but to be informative.

As with anything designed, you will never please everyone, and are always subject to a variety of criticisms. If the font was one I had designed, I would naturally reply trying to find out how to improve my work.

05-14-10, 03:04 PM   #2226
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
Current (WiP):

The Graph behind skada is showing my dps in graph form realtime which is nice. The raid frames are fine for me now.. Only thing I got left to do is my rotation bar and the player and target frames I want to rework along with Needtoknow. I will post an updated one later after I find a nice setup for that.

05-14-10, 03:20 PM   #2227
Wella

Nice and neat, although your minimap seems to be in a strange position. The skill buttons also seem to shout at you, what with the extreme gloss and thick borders. Other than that, not bad imo! :)
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-14-10, 03:35 PM   #2228
Forpony
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
awesome UI homie

i like the stats on top right on top of minimap and dps/threat.
is that something custom?

05-14-10, 03:52 PM   #2229
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Current (WiP):

The Graph behind skada is showing my dps in graph form realtime which is nice. The raid frames are fine for me now.. Only thing I got left to do is my rotation bar and the player and target frames I want to rework along with Needtoknow. I will post an updated one later after I find a nice setup for that.

i really like your dps meter, very original and ive never seen it like that +1

05-14-10, 04:18 PM   #2230
Werr
A Murloc Raider
Poli UI

I sport Poli UI:

Made by me, for me. I'm currently working on kgPanels to make it look less basic, PowerAuras, and maybe MSBT as well. There will also be some better configuration; now you need to play around with individual addon settings. And when my computer starts working again, I'll post a raid screenshot.

Inspired by RealUI and LUI.

Suggestions anyone?

05-14-10, 10:18 PM   #2231
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
Nice and neat, although your minimap seems to be in a strange position. The skill buttons also seem to shout at you, what with the extreme gloss and thick borders. Other than that, not bad imo!
Yea the minimap was put in the top right corner (I like I seen on one I designed mine after but I didn't like the dxe bar being out where the minimap is now for multiple bosses it would fill up so figured i switch the two around and it seems to came out nice. Haha yea I like the glossy look.

Originally Posted by Forpony View Post
awesome UI homie

i like the stats on top right on top of minimap and dps/threat.
is that something custom?
Its Skada with the bars opacity set down and with CombatGraph Revived tossed behind it.

Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
i really like your dps meter, very original and ive never seen it like that +1
Originally Posted by Werr View Post
I sport Poli UI:

Made by me, for me. I'm currently working on kgPanels to make it look less basic, PowerAuras, and maybe MSBT as well. There will also be some better configuration; now you need to play around with individual addon settings. And when my computer starts working again, I'll post a raid screenshot.

Inspired by RealUI and LUI.

Suggestions anyone?
I really like your setup for your player and target frames and the black look behind your action buttons I may have to try something out like that for fixing mine. Looks nice and clean.

and thanks all for the compliments and such Finish product coming soon (I Hope)

05-16-10, 04:14 PM   #2232
issyle
A Kobold Labourer

yay

05-16-10, 06:15 PM   #2233
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Decided to rework my Target/ToT/Focus frames, added in quartz for cast bar looks. Swapped my auras location around a bit, dumped my damage meter since as a tank I don't really care what my DPS is.

Thoughts?

05-18-10, 02:12 PM   #2234
Ypa
A Kobold Labourer

05-18-10, 02:51 PM   #2235
Wella

A little something I've been fiddling with lately. Hoping to bring a breath of fresh air to minimalism, so to speak.

I noticed recently that is very natural to be watching the bottom third-or-so of the screen out of the corner of the eye (come back to your monitor after 10 minutes of walking around and you'll naturally look at the bottom-middle), so I decided to make my layout based around that concept. The idea is to allow player, target and target-of-target info to be seen without having to actually move my eyes down to look at the frames. It seems to be working pretty well, actually.

(MSBT isn't configured yet, it just happened to appear in that screenshot.)
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-18-10, 03:39 PM   #2236
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
A little something I've been fiddling with lately. Hoping to bring a breath of fresh air to minimalism, so to speak.

I noticed recently that is very natural to be watching the bottom third-or-so of the screen out of the corner of the eye (come back to your monitor after 10 minutes of walking around and you'll naturally look at the bottom-middle), so I decided to make my layout based around that concept. The idea is to allow player, target and target-of-target info to be seen without having to actually move my eyes down to look at the frames. It seems to be working pretty well, actually.

(MSBT isn't configured yet, it just happened to appear in that screenshot.)
Really? I used to have my bars at the top of my screen since most of the action/raid awareness requires you to look at the top half of your screen. It was nice to just be able to peripheral my health/mana as well as the boss' health without taking my eyes off what's important. I put my own bars at the bottom just so I could make more room for the action-y part. Although I don't feel like I need to use ForteXorcist for the cooldown timers, I can't find a DoT timer that works as well as it does. I'm a mage; I can look at my bars once a minute to see how long till my CD's are up.

PS: Anyone got a DoT Timer that works like Forte?

05-18-10, 03:49 PM   #2237
Wella

Fair enough, I thought it was a universal natural human thingamy.

Sorry, not good with DoT timers. Forte's alright, DoTimer's quite good, too.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-18-10, 06:27 PM   #2238
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Always had my unit frames around the middle of the screen as it was easier to see the health all the time but as I tank 90% of the time and after watching the recent screens I thought I'd try it moving it down even further.

Now most of this is my old stuff but I've never posted a screen of it before. The most recent change is my own buff frame and a new slimmer border on unitframe (de)buffs...
The buffs on target of target is supposed to show debuffs with colored borders. I just changed it to buffs to show what the empty space was for.

I've been inspired by a lot of people over the years and borrow ideas. I am a fan of minimalistic stuff even though sometimes I tend to put a lot of information on the screen.

Not shown in this screen are raid frames, tooltip, omen threat meter, recount, bagnon and a few addons like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051910_020845.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	4277  

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 05-18-10 at 06:29 PM.

05-18-10, 06:37 PM   #2239
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
**Updated Post**

Figured I wanted to try something a little more different so I changed my player and Target frames to be vertical instead of the normal horizontal way. Which I had to switch from Shadowed Unit Frames to Stuf unit frames to accomplish . You can check out the 4 screenshots below. Last one is a nice breakdown of everything from the 25 man raid shot.

Out of Combat:

Heroic 5man:

25man Raid (Messy as it gets):

UIBreakdown

1.) Starting at the bottom and working up: Chat window modified with Chatter. Right above that (Currently invis) is Cellular which is a 'pop out' whisper mod then above that is the DXE Boss mods Top Anchor bar which will build upwards.

2.) These are small hidden (about the size of the current colored box) bartender bars which only appear on mouseover contains some random buttons like Flare, Mount, Mana biscuits etc..

3.) Left and Right sides: Stuf Unit Frames Player and Target Frame set Vertical. If below 100% health it shows the percent inside the health bar. Left and Right of these are the buffs and debuffs. Next to the health bars is the power bars which also has the Castbars overlayed on it. Under that is the Name of the Player/Target and below that is the Health | Power | Then if below 100% Power it shows the percent. Next we have the Bartenders pet bar then below that is another bartender bar for my rotation everybartender bar is setup with ButtonFacade Shadow. Below that is the Stuf Unit Frames Pet and ToT Frame showing only the name, health and power text ontop of their health bars. Below that is a small hidden box for the buff enough addon when hovered over pops up a tooltip showing which buffs you still need.

4.) This area is my current NeedToKnow Hunter Setup. It shows Buffs/Target Debuffs and Procs. Allowing me to time my Rapid Fire and such to best increase my dps. It consits of this entire area with dmg increasing buffs at top , and target debuffs near the bottom. Then an autoshot timer to time my movements.

5.) Starting at the bottom and working up: Stuf Raid Frames each vertical section is a group going from Left to right starting with Group 1. Above this is the DXE Boss mods Warning anchor which builds upwards as well.

6.) Going from Left (Top) to Right (Bottom): Carousel addon allow me to display multiple broker feeds and provides arrows to switch between certain ones in each area. Currently showing broker mods are Skada, Broker_Repair, Misdirection Helper2, Broker_CPU. Next below these we have Pminimap with the zone text below it. Next to it you have Skada which is setup to show current threat when in combat then once you exit combat it shows current dmg done. Skada is also setup so the bars are at about 50% or so opacity to allow the addon CombatGraph for 3.3 to show my current dps in realtime graph form. Below this is the DXE main bar with the tracking button setup to the left and the pminimap current time setup to the right of it.

7.) Stuf Unit Frames Party frames currently hidden while in raid but is pretty much setup same as the Stuf Unit Frames ToT frame in Section 3. Which each party members Target showing to the right of them.

8.) MSBT currently setup to show only crits, Flows downward.

Last edited by Ross : 05-19-10 at 09:21 PM.

05-18-10, 06:57 PM   #2240
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Wella it actually goes to what you train yourself to look at consistently / feels natural to you. I almost never look at the bottom right portion of my screen unless I am expecting something, where as the bottom left portion I am always scanning because that's where my chat is located.

I used to always look at the bottom right due to my chat frames being there, but with my changes I've done and how I've moved things around over the years I kind of retrained myself to look elsewhere.

It'll feel awkward at first, but eventually you can retrain yourself to look at a new position. But you are right in regards to always going back to a certain point on your screen no matter how long you've been away from the game, if that's what you have in your memory to do.

I just redid my UI again today (screenshot is already updated on my post above) and it's going to be a bit of work retraining myself to get away from looking at the target health etc on my hud and instead on the target bar that I enlarged. Trying to clear up center screen clutter to make it a bit easier for multi mob tanking. I still am using my hud for my health/rage, because it's just easier for me to see it visually there since I'm scanning the middle area a lot for swapping of targets.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...