11-12-10, 02:28 PM   #1
cawfee
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Simple Healing / Overheal meter, can't recall

Hello,

I'm looking for an AddOn I used about 2 years back. It was a simple heal / overheal monitor that resided in the bottom center of your screen and would show how much a spell heals on the target while you cast it; overheals would be displayed by the bar going past full and be progressively colored (e.g. green for minimal overhealing, yellow for medium etc.)

It was a no-frills kind of thing, but I can't for the life of me recall the name.

Thanks in advance for any hints!
11-12-10, 02:34 PM   #2
cawfee
An Aku'mai Servant

Durp, just remembered.

It was called VisualHeal:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...isualheal.aspx

Seems like it's not updated for the lastest patch though. Oh well, will try and see if it still works.

Thanks!

Update:

Doesn't seem to work anymore, throws out countless LUA errors upon loading. Aw.

Last edited by cawfee : 11-12-10 at 02:41 PM.
11-12-10, 02:49 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Depending on what type of healer you are in the current "raid " climate I would not suggest using a addon such as this anyway. Mana is almost infinite and I personally find that people who see other people healing before them and stop the heal is very ineffective. In the rare situation that you are in a raid with 2 healers and both are running similar addons and you both decide to not heal that target = Dead Target.
11-12-10, 03:11 PM   #4
cawfee
An Aku'mai Servant

Oh gosh no, I'm level 15 right now. It was great to visualize how much a spell heals though, and let you get the hang of it as you go along.

It does seem rather detrimental in Raids, agreed!
11-12-10, 04:15 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

If you don't use unitframe mods oUF has a bunch of nice layouts and then a module oUF_IncommingHeals. Works nicely.
11-12-10, 04:47 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
VisualHeal and the library LibHealComm were not updated because this has been built into the client. Perhaps your UF addon has not been updated to support the new API?

http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=16992&page=42
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Simple Healing / Overheal meter, can't recall