07-08-11, 06:49 AM   #1
iradex
A Cyclonian
How to do this kind of UI?!?!

Please, i just loved this UI, but i dunno what addons this guy must be using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRNCD4Ldc8&hd=1

Or how to do something like that.
07-08-11, 08:52 AM   #2
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
What i can see:

The unit frames can be done in several programs. The one I'm using now, pitbull4, is pretty easy to manipulate with a pretty light learning curve. Seerah turned me onto pitbull4 and i'm quite happy with it.

He seems to be using skada dmg meter in the lower right corner.

he is using quartz or some other cast bar addon to see his casts in a larger format. quartz is very easy to use.

he is using dot timer(possibly dotimer) to help with his DoT uptime and efficiency.

he is using doom pulse cooldowns. this gives him the fading icon when a spell CD is ready.

obviously, he is using DBM as well. (deadly boss mods)

i think he is using a combat text addon also. i use parrot, which is more than capable of doing exactly what he is.. you can also add sound alerts for almost anything using libsharedmedia or your own sounds.

thats what im seeing. hope this helps!

edit: the action bars can be done in almost any bar addon. i use bartender, but i've been hearing about a less bulky one, the name of which i just cannot recall atm. bartender has done me right for several years, however.

Last edited by wellbeing : 07-08-11 at 08:55 AM.
07-08-11, 09:01 AM   #3
iradex
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by wellbeing View Post
What i can see:

The unit frames can be done in several programs. The one I'm using now, pitbull4, is pretty easy to manipulate with a pretty light learning curve. Seerah turned me onto pitbull4 and i'm quite happy with it.

He seems to be using skada dmg meter in the lower right corner.

he is using quartz or some other cast bar addon to see his casts in a larger format. quartz is very easy to use.

he is using dot timer(possibly dotimer) to help with his DoT uptime and efficiency.

he is using doom pulse cooldowns. this gives him the fading icon when a spell CD is ready.

obviously, he is using DBM as well. (deadly boss mods)

i think he is using a combat text addon also. i use parrot, which is more than capable of doing exactly what he is.. you can also add sound alerts for almost anything using libsharedmedia or your own sounds.

thats what im seeing. hope this helps!

edit: the action bars can be done in almost any bar addon. i use bartender, but i've been hearing about a less bulky one, the name of which i just cannot recall atm. bartender has done me right for several years, however.

Thanks man I'm going to try to use pitbull4 now, it's easy to set it transparent and with a black background like he did?

EDIT : Yeah its easy xD Thanks man! s2

Last edited by iradex : 07-08-11 at 09:08 AM.
07-08-11, 09:03 AM   #4
Coldblooded
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Probably using Buttonfacade with some skin and for buffs i would guess satrina buff frames. I dont like all those high mem addons i use alot of Zork's addons for buffs,actionbars and skinning. For UF's i usually use a modified ouf layout or stuf unitframes.
07-08-11, 09:18 AM   #5
iradex
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Coldblooded View Post
Probably using Buttonfacade with some skin and for buffs i would guess satrina buff frames. I dont like all those high mem addons i use alot of Zork's addons for buffs,actionbars and skinning. For UF's i usually use a modified ouf layout or stuf unitframes.
I'll try stuf too. oUF i dunno much lua code so put the frame transparent with black blackground
07-08-11, 11:24 AM   #6
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
yeah, you can set the frame to transparent easily with pitbull.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » How to do this kind of UI?!?!