10-24-05, 03:28 PM   #1
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Perl Classic Unit Frames

This mod is based off the "original" Perl unit frames and currently includes frame replacements for the Player, Player_Pet, and Target frames. CombatDisplay has also been rewritten and included in this package. A full description, slash commands, and pictures can be found here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4275

If there are any bugs found please tell me so I can fix them.
10-26-05, 10:43 PM   #2
langrisser
A Murloc Raider

Any plans to add a target of target frame or scaling for each frame

I love the look and they seem much lighter then Nymbia's Perl frames which is a big plus, but adding target of target and scaling would make these frames even better.

I'll be waiting on the party frames update so keep up the good work
10-26-05, 10:50 PM   #3
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i was thinking about the target of target tonight and i will probably make it after i do the party frame. scaling is planned too, but again, after the party frame. i haven't had much time to work on the mod the past week due to school and projects. i'm also planning on figuring out how to make the windows solid black instead of slightly transparent. i don't know the first thing about making option gui's, which is a big reason some of these features, like scaling, aren't in yet. so once i get some free time i will create all these features and everyone will be happy, hopefully.
11-02-05, 12:00 AM   #4
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.15 released, lots of stuff fixed and tweaked. enjoy
11-09-05, 03:04 AM   #5
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.17 released with a few fixes and additions
11-10-05, 12:22 AM   #6
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.18 released with the last of the known bugs squashed. thanks again noraj & jbcc
11-14-05, 03:56 AM   #7
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.19 released, and even more bug fixes and features see the light of day. it's a good time to be using these unit frames
11-19-05, 02:14 AM   #8
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.20 released, highlights of this release are party pet support and scaling for every part.
11-19-05, 06:48 AM   #9
Piston
A Defias Bandit
Any chance to make a customization for the player-pet buff frames? i think they are too big...
and there is no need to look on them.
11-19-05, 09:40 AM   #10
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

yes, buffs for the pet and target frame will be getting a nice facelift in the near future. i generally play at a high resolution with a low ui scale so it hasn't bugged me as much as i know it has some of my users. regardless, the major features have all been added with the exception of target of target, so buffs will be done. i mainly haven't done buffs yet because i haven't thought of how i want it to work when they start shrinking. and i will also make the pet frame be able to show no buffs/debuffs at all if that's what you want
11-21-05, 07:50 PM   #11
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.21 released, 8+ buffs/debuffs on the target frame now play much nicer. pet frame had lots of work done and should be totally bug free. the pet frame also had a buff/debuff overhaul. other various changes were made as well
11-22-05, 12:11 AM   #12
Piston
A Defias Bandit
Gj

Thx a lot for this update!
11-22-05, 05:43 AM   #13
Bikther
An Aku'mai Servant

One request,

Make the pet bar in the party window toggleable on and off. I personally dont like it bumping my windows around.
11-22-05, 05:49 AM   #14
Piston
A Defias Bandit
new issue

i have a duel with priest and i get window with error- about player pet frame, if you need i could make a screenshot... pls do smth with that problem
11-23-05, 12:26 PM   #15
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

@Bikther: this is now added as of 0.22

@Piston: this was also fixed in 0.22. let me know if it's still happening.
11-25-05, 06:38 AM   #16
Bikther
An Aku'mai Servant

Damn could you rule anymore?
11-28-05, 07:52 PM   #17
Adahma
A Murloc Raider
In case there are any interested healers, the author of GroupHeal has indicated his next release would support Perl Classic Unit Frames. That was the last thing I'd missed since my switch to PCUF. Missing that wasn't enough to make me go back, but now my UI is back to normal. Life is GOOD! Thanks Global for the great (IE: simple, solid, fast, etc...) frames!!

Adahma
11-28-05, 08:42 PM   #18
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.23 released, a few bug fixes, a few new features.

glad everyone is liking the mod. it's also nice to see that other mods are supporting it
12-01-05, 10:44 AM   #19
echodyne
A Defias Bandit
Crash

Ive tried using your addon with the latest wow version and no other addons and it crashes my computer. The crash is a Fatal error and is a complete shutdown/restart that happens halfway through entry into the game from the player select screen. I had tried the other edited version mentioned above but that had its own problems that are irrelevent, but as such , tried yours afterward only to recieve this fatal error. Perhaps its just me , and probably nothing you can do with the bit of information ive provided , but alas , it is all the information I have on this issue.
12-01-05, 03:23 PM   #20
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ya, i've definately not heard of that happening before. perhaps try just loading 1 mod at a time (even 1 out of the 5 from mine) and see which exactly is doing it. maybe the unregister events are not playing nice with another mod or something.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Perl Classic Unit Frames