07-25-10, 07:32 AM   #1
zerosugar
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Missing texture picking preview

Now im not to sure what lib or addon controls this but you know when you go to pick a texture in say pitbull or kgpanels it usually gives you a preview of all the textures. Well thats stopped working and now its just simply a word list.

Before i go unchecking all my addons and enabling them one by one to find the fault i thought id ask to see if anyone else has had this issue and how to fix it.

Im presuming its a lib because sharedmedia hasnt been updated in a while and its been working long before and after the last update. And im also presuming its something that has been recently updated, because its not working on my PC nor the laptop and there both updated using the curse client

hmmmmmmmm
07-25-10, 11:22 AM   #2
yssaril
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

looks like you have a older version of AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets

if you install the standalone version it should supersede any that are embedded in your addons so that should fix things till the other addons push new releases
07-25-10, 06:44 PM   #3
zerosugar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by yssaril View Post
looks like you have a older version of AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets

if you install the standalone version it should supersede any that are embedded in your addons so that should fix things till the other addons push new releases
Hmm that didnt work. So are you saying it has stopped working because the code is being changed and the addons havent updated and arnt using the new code, there for are currently broke?
07-25-10, 08:14 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The library's code was being updated, and the author accidentally put out a copy that had a bug in it. You have at least one addon using that bugged copy. Update your addons that use it (show previews in their configs of textures, fonts, and sounds).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-25-10, 11:45 PM   #5
yssaril

just tested it with the latest versions of pitbull4 and kgpanels and the widget library everything came up like it's supposed to. (FYI i am the author of the widgets)
07-26-10, 07:18 AM   #6
zerosugar
A Murloc Raider
Well i just ran with Pitbull, kgpanels and sharedmedia and it works so its obviously another addon thats causing it to fail, looks like ill be going through them one by one, god thats gona take some time
07-26-10, 10:56 AM   #7
yssaril

Originally Posted by zerosugar View Post
Well i just ran with Pitbull, kgpanels and sharedmedia and it works so its obviously another addon thats causing it to fail, looks like ill be going through them one by one, god thats gona take some time
You should do a binary search (disable half your addons figure out which half the problem is in then disable half of that and so on till only one is left this sould only take 7-9 reloads even with 200+ addons)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Missing texture picking preview