10-30-06, 11:20 PM   #1
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Two ideas for old mods

So was discussing with Cair tonight, think she's going on another of those DB-cleaning binges... had some ideas to toss your way.

First, a system for flagging addons that are going to be marked as outdated. Basically Cair can plug in a date and every mod that's older than that date gets flagged. The authors are sent an email that says they have flagged mods. After a given time (2 weeks?) any addons not updated are moved to the outdated category.

Second, I was visiting another mod site the other day, and I saw I still had ownership of a number of very old mods... mods I abandoned a long time ago. So an idea for this, let mod authors choose to relinquish a mod they nolonger support. This would flag, letting users know it is no longer maintained. It would also let other authors know that the mod is "up for grabs". Perhaps it would help cut back the "SomeMod Continued/Ressurected/Plus" trend just a tad, get people maintaining a mod proper instead of just re-releasing it under a slightly different name.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Two ideas for old mods