12-28-09, 03:12 AM   #1
Bizurkur
A Murloc Raider

Flashing Gather Icons

Carbonite is hands down the best addon I have ever used.
But there is ONE feature it doesn't have that I think is mega super hyper useful.
That is flashing nodes.
The Mappy addon makes any node flash on the map, thus making it impossible to not notice.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/mappy.aspx

Just thought I'd pass that along so that carbonite can continue being the greatest addon ever!

01-05-10, 09:16 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have been doing a lot of gathering and that sounds cool. I looked at Mappy and did the same thing. In the process I made a new set of minimap node images that look similar to the Carbonite map player icons, but with the standard Blizzard colors. The gather nodes have an alternate image that glows a nice orange. Very easy to spot.

This will be in the next version.

01-05-10, 10:02 PM   #3
Bizurkur
A Murloc Raider

Awesome! glad you liked the feature too

01-07-10, 09:43 AM   #4
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Sweet! I am looking forward to this! Thanks

01-07-10, 10:32 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was working on another big feature right before Christmas, but with the holidays, getting side tracked on some other features and then being sick the last 3-4 days, I have not been able to finish that yet. I am hoping to try something new next week, which is to release a beta version of the new changes for any donators who want to try it out early.

01-13-10, 08:28 AM   #6
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I was working on another big feature right before Christmas, but with the holidays, getting side tracked on some other features and then being sick the last 3-4 days, I have not been able to finish that yet. I am hoping to try something new next week, which is to release a beta version of the new changes for any donators who want to try it out early.
yes plz kthx wish to test send here kk bai

02-02-10, 12:03 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Still working on it.

Updated the TomTom emulation yesterday, since some addons were not working with the emulation. Made some improvements to the Cartographer Waypoints emulation, but it still has issues. Most addons seem to support both, so I'm thinking of dumping the Cartographer Waypoints emulation. Any opinions or use an addon that needs Cartographer Waypoints emulation?

02-06-10, 04:20 AM   #8
Doriginal1
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I have not used Cartographer in quite some time (Years LOL). I would be all for dumping this feature since I have not come across an addon that depended on Cartographer in a long while. As far as I know, even some guides, such as Zygor, have dumped Cartographer as well.

This flashing gather option sounds great and whatever it would take to get it working would be ok with me.

Glad to see you guys are still around developing this, Much Appreciated!

02-06-10, 11:14 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The flashing feature has been done for a few weeks. I meant I was still working on the whole thing in general. I ended up improving the Cart emulation some more, so it will be kept. Does not hurt, since it is not that much code.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Flashing Gather Icons