Name:	myui.jpg
Views:	5784
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	3080  

07-28-09, 05:02 PM   #22
desiday
A Defias Bandit
Desiday's UI

I've wondered how other people lay out their UI... sometimes I see something really nifty and wonder "what is that". So in case you're looking at mine and wondering the same...

Things on my UI:

Carbonite: Directly under my toon in landscape format. I use this only while I'm away from a group or while questing. It's above the buttons because when I get into a group I usually turn off the map.

Carobnite Quest Helper Thingy: really nice to see a text list of your current quest status.

Bartender: Note the 3x4 grid of buttons which are directly over my toon. I use these spaces for quest objects. And having a couple items on each side of me I can see roughly where I'm standing in crowds. Bartender also lets me tuck the stupid bag and UI buttons directly above my portrait.

Prat Chat: I've separated chat messages into two windows, one on each side along the lower edge of the screen. One window contains whisper, guild, officer, raid... chats. The other window on the right contains emotes, say, yell, looting, general/trade... and general spam. Also color coded messages as follows:
Guild: Green
Raid: Brown
Wisper: Magenta
Say: White
General / Trade: light brown
Private Chat Rooms: cyan

Grid: Really nice for the quick at a glance raid status

Heal Bot: Yes, in the picture I'm currently in Shadowform, but I'd rather party as Holy.

Recount: Nice recap of how well individual players performed, set to display the last fight (not the current one). If you have time to look at your stats on the current fight, then you're probably standing the Deadly Green Stuff.

Inventory on Par: (not pictured) Helpful for gauging how will your group will survive a given encounter based on gear.

Durability Status: shows an overall percentage left on my gear... also automatically prompts me to repair when I visit a repair NPC

FreeRefills: Tired of forgetting those stupid reagents? FreeRefills will automatically keep you stocked up. Simply tell it how many of what you want, and visit the NPC who sells it... the addon will buy it for you. Mine is configured to keep me topped off with full stacks of water and candles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_041609_224029.jpeg
Views:	5453
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	3087  

08-15-09, 06:18 PM   #23
Schnurps
Premium Member
Premium Member
My current screen resolution is: 1920 x 1200

I used to be a power addon user, but have recently decided to start keeping it simple. Using only the essential addons that "enhance" my gameplay.

Cheers
Schnurps
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_081609_021232.jpg
Views:	5464
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	3180  

08-20-09, 03:06 PM   #24
Kreelor
A Firelord

Question for Eqsanctum:

I'm interested in knowing which addon is it that displays the mini-map and the 'zoomed' mini-map side-by-side.

(Actual addon name and/or link to it would be helpful).

Your original post shows it on your display screen at the very bottom/right-hand corner.

You listed a separate screenshot of all your addons, but your screenshot of your display screen does not include arrows/text, 'comments', etc. to denote which addon is which. Heh heh.

Thanks for presenting your UI. It's very interesting.

-- Kreelor

08-20-09, 10:13 PM   #25
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Question for Eqsanctum:

I'm interested in knowing which addon is it that displays the mini-map and the 'zoomed' mini-map side-by-side.

(Actual addon name and/or link to it would be helpful).

Your original post shows it on your display screen at the very bottom/right-hand corner.

You listed a separate screenshot of all your addons, but your screenshot of your display screen does not include arrows/text, 'comments', etc. to denote which addon is which. Heh heh.

Thanks for presenting your UI. It's very interesting.

-- Kreelor
That's Carbonite. You can find its forums here, and you can download it here.

08-25-09, 09:18 AM   #26
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
That's Carbonite. You can find its forums here, and you can download it here.
I'm a die-hard devotee of the Carboniteaddon, and have been for a very long time! I couldn't or wouldn't play the game without it.

But, I suppose that particular option or configuration dialog is one I've missed. Hmmm? I'll look for it, but if you care to... maybe you can type how to do it here?

Thanks for your reply!

08-25-09, 09:42 AM   #27
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Merge Blizzard minimap with Carbonite map.

Minimap docks always.

Optionally, Minimap docked shape is square.

X offset and Y offset.

Those options are the ones you want to tinker with. Don't remember off the top of my head where they are, but they're in there somewhere, probably under Map in the options.

09-02-09, 03:49 PM   #28
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Merge Blizzard minimap with Carbonite map.

Minimap docks always.

Optionally, Minimap docked shape is square.

X offset and Y offset.

Those options are the ones you want to tinker with. Don't remember off the top of my head where they are, but they're in there somewhere, probably under Map in the options.
^^This

Once I got the docked square shape scaled where I wanted it I moved it outside of the larger map using the X Y offsets. Took a little while. Once that was done I moved the whole thing to where I thought it looked best.

I have updated since then though...

09-02-09, 03:53 PM   #29
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Here ya go. I can't remember the guys name, I'll add it in but I used his base UI layout and edited the crap out of the LUA until I got it where I wanted it then added in my goodies.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090209_145140.jpg
Views:	8731
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	3294  

10-10-09, 06:30 AM   #30
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Tuks ui, that's what it is. I just edit down his LUA file and use the textures. Of course I don't upload it for use because it's not my UI, but anyone can do what I did.

10-14-09, 09:49 AM   #31
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Schnurps View Post
My current screen resolution is: 1920 x 1200

I used to be a power addon user, but have recently decided to start keeping it simple. Using only the essential addons that "enhance" my gameplay.

Cheers
Schnurps

I have to agree with you about using the minimum.

I swear if they built in a HUD and made everything moveable and resizeable i wouldnt use any addons at all.

10-19-09, 03:20 PM   #32
elkslayer
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
Here ya go. I can't remember the guys name, I'll add it in but I used his base UI layout and edited the crap out of the LUA until I got it where I wanted it then added in my goodies.
man that's pretty!

10-22-09, 08:42 PM   #33
Tincup
The Grumpy One

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here's a screenshot of my UI on my DK. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_102209_224022.jpg
Views:	5431
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	3518  

Last edited by Tincup : 10-22-09 at 09:47 PM.

10-22-09, 08:47 PM   #34
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Looks nice and clean. All the needed info is very close and easy on the eyes

*you may want to blot out your Guilds vent info from your screenshot though.

10-22-09, 09:48 PM   #35
Tincup
The Grumpy One

Doh! Thanks, I didn't even see that!

10-25-09, 03:14 AM   #36
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by elkslayer View Post
man that's pretty!

It's tuks UI with personal modifications on it. As stated, it wouldn't be right for me to upload it so i don't but the modifications are pretty simple if you have a basic knowledge of LUA.

05-11-10, 12:49 AM   #37
Mittparadox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Heres my UI:

Solo on my farm char

10Man. same layout for 25 grid like playerframes in the same position

06-21-10, 10:04 PM   #38
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Here's the UI in action on my priest

http://www.wegame.com/watch/priestpu...rplestyle-wmv/

11-27-10, 07:35 PM   #39
trodriguezzz
Premium Member

Premium Member
very cool looking UI, eqsanctum! Its a shame not more people are sharing their UI screenies tho!

I always try for simplicity, but then I end up boggin down my UI with a bunch of stuffage! One of the biggest things is I download all the mods that add info to tooltips, like mats, reagents, item ID's, talents, etc and my game gets slower and slower.... I manage to keep things pretty clean looking these days though.

but like others, I love carbonite since I used to be a premium member and still refuse to play without it! hehee

01-04-11, 01:34 AM   #40
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

I posted in the old forms a long time ago, found that image! This is how my UI looked back in March of 09 using Carbonite and 2 screens, a two 1280x1024 monitors split onto 2560x1024. Seeing this again... makes me want to set that back up!

Here is how my UI is now on just one larger monitor, 1680x1050:

If anyone wants, I can make a rundown of the addons used.

Last edited by smedeley : 01-04-11 at 01:43 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Post your UI