08-24-08, 07:23 PM   #1
kerrang
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GetSpellInfo and Rune/Runic Power spells

It appears the 'type' that GetSpellInfo returns has been extended to '5' for Runes and '6' for Runic Power spells.

There doesn't appear to be any way to see which Rune(s) or how much Runic Power a spell requires tho (cost being 0 in both cases)...

If anyone finds a way of working this out - plz do post it here

Thx

p.s. I realise I could scrape the tooltip but that's crude
08-24-08, 08:29 PM   #2
LBXZero
A Theradrim Guardian
Unfortunately, the list of global functions that I pulled do not show a function to return rune cost. GetSpellInfo shows no modifications. But Runic cost is the 4th value from GetSpellInfo. I got 40 returned from Death Coil.
08-25-08, 08:27 AM   #3
kerrang
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by LBXZero View Post
Unfortunately, the list of global functions that I pulled do not show a function to return rune cost. GetSpellInfo shows no modifications. But Runic cost is the 4th value from GetSpellInfo. I got 40 returned from Death Coil.
That's weird because it returned 0 for me last night!?!?!?

I guess as I have to scrape tooltips for the runes I may as well do it for runic cost for now too - easily fixed later anyway - thanks!
08-25-08, 11:23 AM   #4
Duugu
Premium Member

Had a similar problem with the maxrange value of GetSpellInfo returning 0 for all spells. I guess they're working on new stuff like this. Just be patient.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » GetSpellInfo and Rune/Runic Power spells