12-13-05, 04:43 PM   #41
Shyin
A Kobold Labourer

Thanks

Just wanted to stop in a say what a great job you both did on this interface.
It fits my character very well. Night Elf Rogue.
I haven't had the first problem with it.

Please keep them coming.

From an old T.King fan,
12-13-05, 11:47 PM   #42
Remelio

Originally Posted by Ringo Flinthammer
You say that now, but wait until I get obsessed with the idea of a dwarf, gnome or snowy interface.
/wave Heya whizbang!
12-14-05, 03:54 PM   #43
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

Lordy, everyone knew about this board far in advance of me!
12-14-05, 08:16 PM   #44
kazomi
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there a certain scale size that makes these skins look the best? Though they look totally ****ing amazing(!), they don't look that good on my screen compared to the screenshot. I do have my UI scaled down quite a bit since I run 1280x1024.

Thanks and keep it up!
12-14-05, 10:14 PM   #45
Kuvasie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
Originally Posted by kazomi
Is there a certain scale size that makes these skins look the best? Though they look totally ****ing amazing(!), they don't look that good on my screen compared to the screenshot. I do have my UI scaled down quite a bit since I run 1280x1024.

Thanks and keep it up!
hmm not sure what to think about that. I run 1680 x 1050 and it looks fine on my screen. I keep my UI scalled down about half, but have checked the UI at larger and smaller scales and it still looks good.

Kuv
01-14-06, 05:28 PM   #46
keilyna
A Kobold Labourer
Ive just installed this interface and it looks awesome! It just makes my WoW playing all that more enjoyable

Just one question though. For some reason when i use HideArt to hide the default xp bar, the graphics on the main bar revert back to the default ones. Everything else is right, its just that. Is the graphics for the xp bar linked to the main bar at all? Could that be why it is not showing after it is hidden?
01-25-06, 04:05 PM   #47
Nuu
A Murloc Raider
Something Interesting

I picked up this cool UI addon today, and popped it in. It's great, except for 1 thing: I use Traveler's Backpacks, and they didn't get skinned; only my main Backpack did. Just thought you should know.

Also, it would be nice to get the promised cursor art; it would be a nice change from the basic metal glove. ^_^

Nuu
01-31-06, 04:50 PM   #48
Lavandel
A Murloc Raider

I'm having major problems with installing any AddOns actually.

I've been looking through these forums for help and found a lot of good advice on how to make things work. Only one major flaw...

All of the instructions mention an "AddOn-button" on the Character Select Screen.
This button does NOT exist on my screen.

So the question is: Do I need to install/edit any other file(s) but the ones provided by the acutal modder?

I've followed the F.A.Q and other install-instructions on the site and even tried to keep the files in both C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\Interface and just the C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface folders but nothing brings up this "magic" AddOns-button.

Last try I did was to use your Installer.exe and at the promt where to install I provided my WoW install directory (C:\Games\World of Warcraft\) and this didn't work either.

Please help!
02-02-06, 09:56 AM   #49
Lavandel
A Murloc Raider

Please, I really would like an answer on this since I can't get any mods to work unless this AddOn button appears.

So in other words... /bump.
02-02-06, 10:20 AM   #50
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Depending on how an addon is packed determines what folder you need to unpack the zip files into. Generally on a fresh instal you won't have an addon folder. It's been so long since i was without addons I'm not totally sure this is acurate lol. But anyway ALL addons go into C:\World of Warcraft\interface\addons

If the addons folder is not there then you can manually add it. Careful if you use Windows built in zip program. It has a tendancy to make a new folder with the same name as the zipped file and unpacks everything into it. so you might have
C:\World Of Warcraft\interface\addons\mod\mod instead of
C:\World Of Warcraft\interface\addons\mod

If you get the first example then WoW won't detect any addons and so you probably won't get that little addon button in the character screen your talking about.

Now as I sadi some addons are packed witht eh complete structure such as

interface\addins\mod

so all you do is unpack the files into C:\World Of Warcraft folder and they follow the proper chain. Other may only have the mod it's self so they unpack directly into the addons folder. Anyway I think you get the point. I hope this helps if not...sorry it's out of my league

EDIT: Just to clarify, a basic structure for a mod if you didn't know would be a folder with the mod name and then inside that folder you should see a bunch of other files like mod.toc, mod.lau, and maybe readme.txt and so forth. Mod just being an example of the addons name.

Last edited by aceracer24 : 02-02-06 at 10:25 AM.
02-04-06, 01:25 PM   #51
Lavandel
A Murloc Raider

Alright...

Some of the information here was a bit dubious in their descriptions as I discovered by downloading a random back-pack-mod and unzipped it into the standard AddOns directory.

Fired up WoW and "ta-daa" an AddOns button appeared.

So I click this button and the only addon I find there is this back-pack-mod, not T.Kings awesome "GUI-skin".

So what do I do? Well, I moved all the folders in T.Kings GUI to the C:\\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface directory (thus outside the Addons directory) and then I got the GUI to work.

Now the problem is simply that I must use this GUI with EVERY character I have instead of being able to choose Elfwood for my Nightelf and the Gothic for my Undead.

Is there any other way of doing this or have I misunderstood anything more?

Thanks for the replies.
02-05-06, 11:05 AM   #52
dafire
Premium Member
read the install instruction .. this is not an addon.. you have to unpack it to a different directory
02-06-06, 06:44 PM   #53
Togashi
A Murloc Raider
Bags

Any chance on fixing the bags so they are all skinned.
02-21-06, 10:48 AM   #54
keiichi
A Defias Bandit
hi have been having probs with this cause it wont show up and when i do download it to

C:/program files/world of warcraft i overwrite and when i start it says "can not find ____.mpq" and i was wondering if i was doin it right or im just screwin things up
02-22-06, 07:21 PM   #55
smeltn
A Fallenroot Satyr

so whats up with the cursors being added?

This was discussed that it would be the first of Feb. Now we are at the end of the month and still nothing?

Update T.King on when you will be adding cursors?
02-22-06, 09:47 PM   #56
teddyboy420
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by smeltn
so whats up with the cursors being added?

This was discussed that it would be the first of Feb. Now we are at the end of the month and still nothing?

Update T.King on when you will be adding cursors?
He is still working on it, but has been running into many unexpected problems. I know he has been working hard on cracking the inherent problems with this. Have faith that if adding the custom cursors are a possibility he will get them out to you.
02-23-06, 09:52 AM   #57
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by teddyboy420
He is still working on it, but has been running into many unexpected problems. I know he has been working hard on cracking the inherent problems with this. Have faith that if adding the custom cursors are a possibility he will get them out to you.
Thanks Ted

That is correct, 3 of us have tried and ended up with invisible mouse pointers. I have a few more theories to try out, I suspect it's not just an issue of bits eg. 8bits. But also perhaps the way in which the palette is ordered, or some such.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
02-25-06, 06:50 PM   #58
Alamurla
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by T.King
Thanks Ted

That is correct, 3 of us have tried and ended up with invisible mouse pointers. I have a few more theories to try out, I suspect it's not just an issue of bits eg. 8bits. But also perhaps the way in which the palette is ordered, or some such.
Is there any way we can get the cursor file you are using so others can try working on it?
02-25-06, 07:19 PM   #59
xXSeraphielXx
A Defias Bandit

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by keiichi
hi have been having probs with this cause it wont show up and when i do download it to

C:/program files/world of warcraft i overwrite and when i start it says "can not find ____.mpq" and i was wondering if i was doin it right or im just screwin things up
Sounds to me like you deleted your data folder..... reinstall.

Seraph
02-28-06, 09:04 AM   #60
Jazalin
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by T.King
Great idea! in fact last month someone gave me the idea of creating an in-game switcher that works via commandline. for instance; /skin gothic or /skin elfwood. Ultimately, we'd like to have it where custom skins load for each character. So this is something I'm pursuing, as I'm sure a lot of people would also like to switch skins in-game.
I'm a bit curious if you've had any progress in your efforts to find a way for people to use multiple skins? As others have stated, while I love the Elfwood...I'd rather use the Undead Gothic for my Horde character. And I love the snow one for my Ice mage.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft