08-14-05, 08:56 AM   #1
Genghiz Cohen
An Aku'mai Servant

Premium Member
Fun Facts

I always enjoyed a good fun-fact thread. You know, little things you notice in the game that are neat and whatnot.

I just realized the rogue trainer in Dolanaar is singing a Depeche Mode song. A few lines from The Bottom Line.

Trainer sings:
Like a cat dragged in from the rain, you scratch and claw, then do it all over again... I'll be back for more...

Depeche Mode:
Like a cat dragged in from the rain, Who goes straight back out and do it all over
again, I’ll be back for more

Ok, so trainer made up a few words hehe.. but still kinda neat.
08-21-05, 05:41 PM   #2
Mizra Delaney
A Murloc Raider

A couple I can think of:

1) If you find the dwarven airfield, you can jump from the highest peak and land in Menethil Harbor. It's like a two minute long fall.

2) You can hear the death of Terenas (sp) scene play itself out inside the throne room in Undercity.
08-21-05, 08:31 PM   #3
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you fish long enough in the little pond just outside of Brill in Tirisfal Glade. You catch "A Teamsters Skull". Jimmy Hoffa's cranium. lol So funny
08-21-05, 10:36 PM   #4
Kellendale
A Defias Bandit
My personal fav in the game is Farmer Kent. I always gotta stop by Southshore to say hi to him and ask him now Clark is doing
--Caiden Steelheart, EQ, Cleric of E'Ci <Forlorn> (retired)
08-21-05, 10:42 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I still giggle at Commander Scooty in Booty Bay *grin*
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-22-05, 12:46 PM   #6
draxshar
A Murloc Raider

My favs are all are the references to popular, (or not so popular, lol), culture in Un'Goro Crater. I wont give away any of the actual quests, for those that have not done them, but here are a just a few references that are out there...There are many more out there...

1) Williden and Hol'anyee Marshal...a tip of the hat to the mid 70's Sid and Marty Krofft televison show "Land of the Lost". (And the Pylons with the crystals reference as well). Every time I'm in Un'Goro Crater, I find myself looking for Chaka and the Sleestaks, (though I wouldnt be too afraid of the Sleestaks; if I remember correctly, they couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with their little crossbows, lol).

2) The "Chasing A-Me 01" quest, a reference to Kevin Smith's movie "Chasing Amy".

3) The "Mario Bros." chain of quests. This is one is my perosnal favs, the ending of that is hilarious, lol. Turn this one in and sit back and enjoy the show
08-22-05, 01:07 PM   #7
Mizra Delaney
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Syxx
If you fish long enough in the little pond just outside of Brill in Tirisfal Glade. You catch "A Teamsters Skull". Jimmy Hoffa's cranium. lol So funny
Awww, I was just about to mention this one. So awesome. And some others: In Dun Murogh there's a dwarf with a rifle that shouts "This... is my boomstick!" (reference to Army of Darkness). In Un'Goro Crater there's a goblin named Spraggle Frock (reference to Fraggle Rock).

Last edited by Mizra Delaney : 08-22-05 at 02:43 PM.
08-22-05, 01:37 PM   #8
Remelio

The "Ghostbusters" mage quest in Stormwind, as well as the comments of the mages hanging around the tower in the mage quarter
08-23-05, 12:08 AM   #9
Genghiz Cohen
An Aku'mai Servant

Premium Member
I found Nikova Raskol wandering the streets of Stormwind. Should ring a bell for anyone who read Fjodor Dostojevski's "Crime and Punishment".
08-23-05, 07:28 AM   #10
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm going to go with a really obscure one...

"Xiggs Fuselighter", who is normally in the war room of Ironforge's Military Ward, is a pilot named after a friend of Luke's (and fellow pilot) in Star Wars... Biggs Darklighter.

Some other ones...
The Linken quest chain - Legend of Zelda reference.

"Hydralick Armor" - Starcraft reference. (Hydralisk)

I think the whole silithid species and their homes are based off of the Zerg... and I find them rather disturbing with the nasty-looking Creep infecting the soil, and those twitching antennae coming up from their hives.

Sword of Omen - Thundercats...

Gahz'rilla - Godzilla
Ghamoora and Gamerita - Gamera

Chasing A-Me 01 - Is not only a Kevin Smith reference, but also a reference to Congo, which had a robotic gorilla called Amee.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Fun Facts