09-13-05, 03:21 PM   #1
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
help with MyInventory and TipBuddy

with the 1.7 update i now get these 2 errors.

this one with tipbuddy whenever i mouse over a player, doesn't do the same with npcs

Code:
Interface/AddOns/TipBuddy/TipBuddy.lua:2112: bad argument #2 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
and this whenever i open up my bags with myinventory. only the first bag will show up as items in the mod too. other bags won't show up.

Code:
Interface/AddOns/MyInventory/MyInventory.lua:1219: attempt to index local 'color' (a nil value)
any help would be great. both mods haven't seemed to been updated in awhile so i'm not sure if the authors themselves will fix them.
09-13-05, 04:30 PM   #2
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
For TipBuddy apparently the TipBuddy.gtt_name is nil sometimes. Maybe the strings .find() didn't care before the patch. However, LUA uses short circuiting so you can do:

Code:
if (text1 == nil or  TipBuddy.gtt_name == nil or string.find(text1, TipBuddy.gtt_name)) then
Should stop the annoying popups. For the other addon, get MyBags :P

EDIT: This is my first time looking at LUA, so if it's wrong. O well, I don't have errors

Last edited by gariig : 09-13-05 at 04:32 PM.
09-13-05, 04:39 PM   #3
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
TipBuddy, from what I can see, isn't getting set in the first place. It's not just that. Even removing that error, nothing else in TipBuddy works. Backgrounds don't change colour,show pvp ranks, buffs, anything....

I've switched back to AF_ToolTip (which seems untouched) until TipBuddy can get fixed.
09-13-05, 04:53 PM   #4
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i actually ended up switching to MyBags and AF_Tooltip before even checking back here

they both work perfectly
09-14-05, 12:06 AM   #5
doomveteran
A Defias Bandit
as far as myinventory and actually resolving that, can anyone peek at it and explain how to bypass the receipt of the "nil value" return in the "if" of the above mentioned error section? (line 616 i believe)?

seems like it would be simple, i understand the problem, but i know near jack about coding, let alone minimalist languages that are feature heavy

edit: seems this is for coloring the area around the icon as you highlight it based on the rarity of the item, i've never noticed this to work before, apparently because it was always returning nil and passing it, if there's a safe section to rem out that anyone can determine to remove this option for the specialty colors, it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by doomveteran : 09-14-05 at 12:18 AM.
09-14-05, 07:17 PM   #6
Taraman
A Kobold Labourer
Open 'MyInventory.lua' in a text editor (i highly recommend SciTE but any editor that saves plain text will do. Wordpad IS NOT suited!).

Go to line 1216. You'll find a codesegment (a few lines above) starting with

Code:
if (MyInventoryItemBorder == 1) and  ( quality and quality >= 2 ) then
and ending (a few lines below) with

Code:
elseif MyInventoryItemBorder == 2 then
mark the whole thing (including those two lines) and replace it with:

Code:
				if (MyInventoryItemBorder == 1) and  ( quality and quality >= 2 ) then    
					if quality == 3 then
						color = { ["r"]=0.0,["g"]=0.0,["b"]=1.0} -- Cause everyone LOVES the blue
					elseif quality == 2 then

color = { ["r"]=0.0,["g"]=1.0,["b"]=0.0}

elseif quality == 4 then

color = { ["r"]=0.7,["g"]=0.0,["b"]=0.7}

else
						-- color = getglobal("ITEM_QUALITY".. quality .."_TOOLTIP_COLOR");					
						color = { ["r"]=0.0,["g"]=0.0,["b"]=0.0}

end
				elseif MyInventoryItemBorder == 2 then
You'll have colored borders for green, blue and violet items.
09-14-05, 08:35 PM   #7
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
this patch seems to like to break all my mods

now getting this with titanpanel

Interface\AddOns\TitanGuild\TitanGuild.lua:261: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
09-15-05, 03:50 PM   #8
Remelio

Tipbuddy has been updated now!

Wierd error with titanpanel.. mine hasn't given me any problems at all... might be one of your titan plugins causing that. Check things that do stuff with the map (main not mini) and with tooltips.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » help with MyInventory and TipBuddy