08-08-08, 10:55 PM   #1
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do we mark our addons as WotLK ready?

I know we can upload the addons for the beta in a specific section but what do we do for addon that are updated and compatible for both the normal game and the beta?
08-09-08, 12:36 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I'll be adding a WOTLK flag very soon.
08-09-08, 01:00 AM   #3
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Faster!

Harder!

Deeper!

Oh Daddy Dolby!
08-09-08, 01:04 AM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
mmmm bacon
08-09-08, 02:58 AM   #5
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Still it might be dangerous to say that an addon is wotlk ready. WotLK beta compadible is more true.
08-12-08, 12:43 AM   #6
arkayenro
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
stupid question. i've fixed my existing mod to be beta capable but its not backwards compatible with the live servers.

how do i "update" my mod to keep both versions visible? ie, i do not want users getting the beta version easily because it'll just barf if run on live.
08-12-08, 03:25 AM   #7
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
Originally Posted by arkayenro View Post
stupid question. i've fixed my existing mod to be beta capable but its not backwards compatible with the live servers.

how do i "update" my mod to keep both versions visible? ie, i do not want users getting the beta version easily because it'll just barf if run on live.
you can post a wotlk version in the wowinterface beta section, add its state to the wiki page, if it is a Ace2 or Ace3 working addon you can also upload to the wowace svn branche where most updated for wotlk ace addons goes first in an <addon>/WotLK/ directory, this to not replace the trunk versions which are more dedicated to the live wow client or wotlk addon not requiring a patch for wotlk.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
08-12-08, 10:03 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
oh yay, I've been missing AI. Put it in the WotLK download cat, as already suggested, arkayenro. You can also just link to your normal download page for description/screenshots instead of entering it in again if you like.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-12-08, 03:20 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, Dolby has added the WotLK flag. It is *off* by default, for now. But it does mean that you can tag your "live" addons as being WotLK compatible as well.

[edit] In addition, Dolby has added some code so that there is a link at the top of the WotLK Beta download category that links to any "live" addons that have been flagged for WotLK. So now if you have a "live" version that works for both live and WotLK, you don't have to have it in both categories seperately. If you still want to have a seperate version in the WotLK Beta though, because they still need testing or whatever, you are certainly welcome to.

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-12-08 at 03:52 PM.
08-12-08, 03:26 PM   #10
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Sweeeeeeeeet

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » How do we mark our addons as WotLK ready?