09-05-16, 11:54 AM   #1
shadow_wolf_30
A Fallenroot Satyr
quest watch list quest item problem

I'm having an issue with the quest watch list. when I have a quest that requires me to use an item and theres a clickable icon that appears next to the quest on my quest watch list. I can never use that clickable icon. I have to open my bags and use the item directly. I attached a screen shot with the icon circled. not a big deal but was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I also disabled all addons except carbonite and still couldn't use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090516_124738.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	8809  
09-05-16, 12:21 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Go into your quest watch options and change the "watch delay time", increase it above 300 and the button should work, my personal setting is 650 and I notice no lag or slowdowns of the watch list.
09-05-16, 02:29 PM   #3
shadow_wolf_30
A Fallenroot Satyr
ok, I tried that, it was already set at 500, so I tried 650 and it still didn't help. not a deal breaker, if that's the only issue I have with carbonite then were good. as always thanks for the help
09-07-16, 12:14 AM   #4
KrysEmlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've tried fiddling with the delay and it helps in some cases, but not all cases.
Additionally, I tend to get this error when a quest item is added to my inventory or I do a reload of the UI:
Code:
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:116: bad argument #5 to 'format' (string expected, got boolean)
[C]: in function `format'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:116: in function `prt'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5901: in function `Update'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5421: in function `SetSize'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5388: in function `?'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9029: in function `UpdateList'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8483: in function `func'
Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:
(*temporary) = "Key %s %s #%s %s"
(*temporary) = "K"
(*temporary) = "NxListFrms1"
(*temporary) = "28"
(*temporary) = true
(*temporary) = "string expected, got boolean"
I'm not sure what exactly the problem is here. For reference, I've got my "watch delay time" set to 1000 and it still kicks this error occasionally.
09-11-16, 01:33 AM   #5
KrysEmlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
I loaded a character that has a quest item being added to the quest log. The following error got thrown:
Code:
1x Carbonite\NxUI.lua:116: bad argument #5 to 'format' (string expected, got boolean)
[C]: in function `format'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:116: in function `prt'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5901: in function `Update'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5421: in function `SetSize'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5388: in function `?'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9029: in function `UpdateList'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8483: in function `func'
Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:
(*temporary) = "Key %s %s #%s %s"
(*temporary) = "K"
(*temporary) = "NxListFrms1"
(*temporary) = "17"
(*temporary) = true
(*temporary) = "string expected, got boolean"
When the error occurs, the keybinding for the Professions Book in the interface goes missing and cannot be restored without disabling Carbonite. Carbonite replaces the keybind of K for the Professions Book in Blizzard's UI with the following "bind K CLICK NxListFrms1:LeftButton", according to the the "bindings-cache.wtf" file after the error occurred. I'm having to use the keybind of "Alt-P" for accessing the Professions Book in the meantime while this bug exists.

Last edited by KrysEmlyn : 09-11-16 at 01:42 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » quest watch list quest item problem