03-04-07, 07:33 PM   #1
Salmoni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question important question about spell alert kind mods

I am using Witchhunt and it works nicely with one exception. It doesnt show a message, when a hunter places a freezing/frost trap.

Is that a wow problem, cause there is no event or something like that or is it a problem of witchhunt and there are other mods which shows the trap placing ?
03-04-07, 10:01 PM   #2
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

That would defeat the purpose of Hunter trapping in PVP all together. It's a trap, something that is meant to TRAP you therefore I would highly doubt that there is any Blizzard event to register to anyone other than the Hunter or Hunter's group that a trap has been placed. Unless of course you're a Rogue and can detect them.

Having a mod to detect what trap was placed, when and where without detect traps would be cheating in my opinion. If Blizzard wanted us to see what traps were being placed we could see them without needing "Detect Traps".
03-05-07, 11:15 PM   #3
Silverchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, before they changed it, traping didnt show in the combat log, because it wasnt usable in combat. Now that they changed it, it STILL doesnt show in the combat log.

I think its a bug. It should show in the combat log.. 'XXX cast 'frost trap'' or something, like ALL other spells or abilities.
03-06-07, 01:27 AM   #4
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

No, it shouldn't.

It's a trap, the objective of a trap is to ensnare you without your knowing. If Blizzard wanted everyone to see traps being placed we'd all have detect traps. Quit looking for things to play the game for you and get some skill. If you see the Hunter kneel suddenly the chances of there being a trap at that spot are pretty high...if you don't see them kneel or just aren't paying attention you deserve to be trapped, ganked and camped.

I've managed to evade a good number of traps dropped by opposing faction Hunters just from the animation alone. Pay attention or quit playing.

kneel = trap = strafe

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » important question about spell alert kind mods