07-06-06, 05:35 AM   #1
HiRez
A Defias Bandit
How to hide the default character portraits and bars?

Hi, I have found the Watchdog addon, which is very cool and basically replaces the default WoW character health and mana bars. But, how can I have those hidden since I don't need them anymore, now they are redundant and wasting space on my screen. I can't find any preference int he interface settings to completely hide all these. I know there's a way to do it since I've seen screenshots with those things missing (but still showing button bars, exp. bar, etc. Thanks if you can help.
07-06-06, 06:58 AM   #2
nexzt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am not sure of all the ways to do it but I know Discord Unit Frames and MoveAnything! both allow you to hide things on your screen including the health and mana bars.
07-06-06, 08:26 AM   #3
HiRez
A Defias Bandit
OK well I'm an idiot because after further investigation I found out that Watchdog has checkbox options built-in for disabling all that stuff! Although, still might be useful to know how to do it in a more general way. Thanks for your response. For anyone who has not found them I definitely recommend you check out Watchdog and Clique (by the same developer, both available right here). These are some of the best mods I have ever seen, of incredible use to casters but really any class could use them.
07-06-06, 08:27 AM   #4
Fritty
A Cyclonian
WatchDog has hiding of the default character portraits and bars built in. Type /wd to open up the options/config menu and uncheck default player/party/target.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/full352.jpg
In the screenshot you can see them in the config window on the left at the bottom.

[edit] I am too slow!

Last edited by Fritty : 07-06-06 at 08:32 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to hide the default character portraits and bars?