07-24-09, 12:03 PM   #1
PeTTs0n
A Murloc Raider
Exporting Warehouse data?

Now this is a function I've been looking for everywhere, in every possible mod and haven't found something like it - the ability to export what items you have equipped and in your inventory and bank. (To get advise, from say, fellow guildies, for the best possible equip for a certain role or so.)

The closest thing I've gotten is CharacterProfiler, but the data gets exported in unaltered LUA, which makes it extremely hard to sort or view efficiently.

Therefore, my question is as follows; is there any way to export the current warehouse data (as that is all that's needed) and view it on another computer? If not, any other suggestions to do this would be very welcome.

And if Carbonite is unable to do this, consider this post a feature request

07-24-09, 04:35 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem is addons cannot write to a generic file on your computer. They can only add data to tables that are flagged to be saved by the game. The game does the saving to a lua file in a savedvariables folder in the standard lua format. You would need a Windows or Mac program to parse the lua file and make a spreadsheet, text or whatever type of file.

07-25-09, 05:29 AM   #3
PeTTs0n
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, I'm looking for some sort of interpreter really, to make something readable out of it. But is there anyway to export lua data from Carbonite Warehouse? I haven't found any such function, but I would love to have the option.

And also, Carbonite Warehouse must be able to interpret the data? (Or is it in a different format in-game?) So if there is a way to get Carbonite with some UI to run outside of WoW just to be able to interpret the lua data that would be really awesome. (Although I doubt it'd work, as it most certainly need data from the game itself?)

Thanks anyway

07-25-09, 10:38 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carb needs a large amount of functions from the game to work. Running it separate would be like running a windows program in DOS. Aint gonna work.

Sorry, we don't have any programs to read the Carbonite.lua file.

07-26-09, 05:25 AM   #5
PeTTs0n
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, I'd figure that :/

Hopefully there'll be some lua interpreter that can make the exported data more user-friendly I'm a little rusty at coding, otherwise I would've made an attempt myself

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Exporting Warehouse data?