09-08-12, 11:49 AM   #1
vndrzl
A Defias Bandit
Having display issues

I am having an issue with the bags, dialog boxes, mini map and full map, and some of the terrain in the game. There are times when the bags, dialog boxes, mini map and full map appear to go black, and I am not able to see anything. Also, as I fly around the areas, I notice that some of the terrain is not fully rendering. There are parts of the terrain that do not match other parts. This all began happening after the patch came out. I recently had to delete and re-download the world.mpq file, due to the file ( I assume) being corrupt. I was able to log into my account, but after I chose a character and tried to log into the realm, it would freeze on me and I would get a error. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix the display errors.

(I have attached multiple screenshots of this happening)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090712_211716.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	7168  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090712_212408.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	7169  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090712_210859.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	7170  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090712_214440.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	7171  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090712_192812.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	7172  
09-08-12, 01:13 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Corrupt game or video card drivers.
09-08-12, 02:22 PM   #3
Othgar
"That" Guy

This looks similar to that "Error 134" stuff that was going down on patch day. I had issues with shadow effect even after I fixed the error so I ended up turning those down as far as they would go. No idea if it's related or not, but it's pretty close.. if you haven't done this already then give it a shot and follow all the steps exactly. Only other thing it might be I suppose is if you're running an older video card, with the patch Blizz dropped support for some of the older cards.

09-08-12, 03:53 PM   #4
vndrzl
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Corrupt game or video card drivers.
That did the trick for me. I just went to the website for my video drivers, and updated the drivers. So far, everything seems to be working just fine. Thank you.
09-09-12, 05:35 AM   #5
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Slightly off topic....I'm encountering a glitch where all the npc are kind of....naked....when viewed from behind. Ive checked forums and others are reporting same glitch, but no posts of cause or fix. ANy help would be appreciated. (I've already updated video drivers, turned all video settings to low, etc.)
Off OFF topic: Did they remove repair function?
09-09-12, 06:30 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Looks that way. Their "repairing game files" article now just says "delete Cache, WTF, and Interface folders and try playing without addons before reinstalling addons" but doesn't actually mention how to repair game files...
09-09-12, 12:00 PM   #7
Meloric
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Slightly off topic....I'm encountering a glitch where all the npc are kind of....naked....when viewed from behind. Ive checked forums and others are reporting same glitch, but no posts of cause or fix. ANy help would be appreciated. (I've already updated video drivers, turned all video settings to low, etc.)

The naked behinds bug is known and there are threads on Blizz Tech Forum about it. It seems to be mainly related to single core cpus and they are working on a fix for it but no ETA the last time I looked over those threads.

The Repair Tool was removed with the patch. "Supposedly" it checks and repairs any damaged files doing loading according to a few posts I saw over on Blizz Tech and/or Bug Forums.
09-09-12, 12:05 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
re. Repair Tool...

A blue post I found on the subject the other day when searching for this answer said that they moved the functionality into the launcher.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-10-12, 06:30 AM   #9
Kendian
A Molten Giant

re re repair: My thanks, ladies.

@Meloric: Yes, I read the posts, but felt I had it backwards...main comps are both multi core.

Guess I'll just have to wade through a sea of butt until they fix it =(
09-11-12, 02:13 PM   #10
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Yay, the patch today fixed the rampant nekkidness on my computer~

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Having display issues