07-21-09, 07:57 PM   #1
Daniel Macbeth
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation TomTom Issue..

Hello there.

I am having some issues with TomTom. The arrow in-game will not pop up! I have successfully added and installed the addon with no problems what so ever, and there is no folder layer errors either. When I enter the characters screen and open up the "Addons" tab it sais that TomTom is activated, but in game there is nothing at all showing up. When I try typing in the "/tomtom" command I can not even press Enter.. It is REALLY wierd.

My OS is : Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks in advance!
07-21-09, 08:05 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What version of the addon are you attempting to use? Do you get any errors? (Ensure that lua errors are not hidden via the Interface Options.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-09, 02:48 AM   #3
Daniel Macbeth
A Defias Bandit
I am using the latest version (3.1)
(http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html)

And no, I do not recieve any errors at all...
07-22-09, 03:56 AM   #4
Daniel Macbeth
A Defias Bandit
I am recieveing an error now. It sais that TomTom is a "Nil Value"
07-22-09, 09:42 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
3.1 is the current WoW version that TomTom is coded for. What version of TomTom are you using? Current version is r216. If you're not sure which you have, then open up TomTom.toc.

As for your error, there are probably others you are getting before that. Download and install BugGrabber/BugSack so you can get a stack trace for all of them. Either something is failing to load, you're not using the current version of the addon, or you're not using the current version of WoW.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-09, 10:15 AM   #6
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm using the r216 version available here and it's working perfectly..

Last note in changelog is:
r217 | Cladhaire-15704 | 2009-05-06 23:20:21 +0000 (Wed, 06 May 2009) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
A /tags/TomTom-r216-release (from /trunk:216)

Tagging r216-release
07-24-09, 08:40 PM   #7
Ohyeahohyeah
A Defias Bandit

Angry my tomtom arrow is gone too!

I use windows vista ultimate and I get the same no-appearing arrow. Wazzz up?

Originally Posted by Daniel Macbeth View Post
Hello there.

I am having some issues with TomTom. The arrow in-game will not pop up! I have successfully added and installed the addon with no problems what so ever, and there is no folder layer errors either. When I enter the characters screen and open up the "Addons" tab it sais that TomTom is activated, but in game there is nothing at all showing up. When I try typing in the "/tomtom" command I can not even press Enter.. It is REALLY wierd.

My OS is : Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks in advance!
07-25-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Same questions apply.

10-16-10, 03:10 PM   #9
rainflowermoon
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Same problem

I am using the most current version of tomtom with patch 4.0-4.0.1 and I cannot get the arrow to show up on my screen. I'm running Windows 7 home premium
06-02-13, 03:34 PM   #10
gmaKaren
A Kobold Labourer
Smile /tomtom not working

I am having the same problem. When I type /tomtom I get /help .....I have downloaded Tomtom straight from Curse, assuming this is the correct Verizon. Why won't it work. I used to have it and it worked fine. I am also using Windows 7 home version.
06-02-13, 04:30 PM   #11
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gmaKaren View Post
I am having the same problem. When I type /tomtom I get /help .....I have downloaded Tomtom straight from Curse, assuming this is the correct Verizon. Why won't it work. I used to have it and it worked fine. I am also using Windows 7 home version.
Make sure you have "load out of date" checkbox checked at the addon selection screen before you login to the game.
[Addons] button at bottom left in character selection screen then top right of AddOns list for the checkbox.

I think TomTom author hasn't yet updated the addon interface number.
(that doesn't necessarily mean the addon is not working, it just means the game sees it as 'out of date' and doesn't load it by default)
06-02-13, 05:12 PM   #12
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I can report that TomTom works fine with 5.3 Escalation if you enable load out of date addons.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » TomTom Issue..