10-21-08, 11:51 AM   #121
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation

that would be my bad, the addon is called Reagent Restocker ( /RR for config)
I forgot that i copied the data from my mage to all other classes while i was setting up everything. Sorry about that

10-21-08, 02:48 PM   #122
dtosh
A Kobold Labourer
My general chat and combat chat keeps moving.

Hi, I am trying genesis compilation. In general I really like the mods however, I am having problem with the general chat box and my combat box moving out of place every time I am in combat. I reset it and it moves out of place again. Can any one help. I am currently using 1680x1050 resolution
thanks

10-21-08, 05:06 PM   #123
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Exclamation

For that resolution wou eill have to wait till i get home, My laptop doesnt support that resolution.

10-21-08, 09:16 PM   #124
Kuplo
A Murloc Raider
I do have another question or two, after using this inteface for a few days now, I really like it with the exception of where the player and target frames are. It's just too large and blocks too much of my view on a 1680x1050 monitor, so what I'd like to do is to photoshop whatever file it is that contains that area of the screen and make it about half height, then make the contents of those areas half height in the game.

I noticed there are some tga files in two folders (Custom Texture and Custom Texture Full), in the Interface folder, can these files be edited and have it reflected on the UI in the game, or is this held somewhere else that I must edit.

Other than the above, and the problem with the chat box constantly moving around (locking it down works briefly but sometimes it just moves o it's own, I think when flying it does, or maybe it's simply when the game loads up and locking doesn't perma lock it for some reason, but.... Im more interested in altering the above information so that the target frame, player frame, pet frame etc are about half as tall as they are. Is this possible?

Thank you,

10-22-08, 10:36 AM   #125
ArtazSen
A Defias Bandit
Hi, thanks for sharing your UI, it is very nice.
Still i have got one little Problem: My Target, Target of Target and Player Frames do not show up. It is some Problem with Pitbull, the error message i get is:
"Interface/Addons/Pitbull/Pitbull.lua:4802:attempt to index field 'colorConstants' (a nil value)"
When i click on where my Player Frame should be, or when i click a Target, i always get that error, and i havent found out how to edit stuff with Pitbull.
I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

10-22-08, 11:24 AM   #126
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kuplo View Post
I do have another question or two, after using this inteface for a few days now, I really like it with the exception of where the player and target frames are. It's just too large and blocks too much of my view on a 1680x1050 monitor, so what I'd like to do is to photoshop whatever file it is that contains that area of the screen and make it about half height, then make the contents of those areas half height in the game.

I noticed there are some tga files in two folders (Custom Texture and Custom Texture Full), in the Interface folder, can these files be edited and have it reflected on the UI in the game, or is this held somewhere else that I must edit.

Other than the above, and the problem with the chat box constantly moving around (locking it down works briefly but sometimes it just moves o it's own, I think when flying it does, or maybe it's simply when the game loads up and locking doesn't perma lock it for some reason, but.... Im more interested in altering the above information so that the target frame, player frame, pet frame etc are about half as tall as they are. Is this possible?

Thank you,
this is, edit the files in "Custom Texture" more specificly the Number 2 and 3 files and then change hight settings in pitbull.

Originally Posted by ArtazSen View Post
Hi, thanks for sharing your UI, it is very nice.
Still i have got one little Problem: My Target, Target of Target and Player Frames do not show up. It is some Problem with Pitbull, the error message i get is:
"Interface/Addons/Pitbull/Pitbull.lua:4802:attempt to index field 'colorConstants' (a nil value)"
When i click on where my Player Frame should be, or when i click a Target, i always get that error, and i havent found out how to edit stuff with Pitbull.
I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
Try updating Pitbull first then, tell me if this problem continues. I have never ever seen this error. Are you using any other addons that i didnt include?

10-22-08, 12:40 PM   #127
ArtazSen
A Defias Bandit
I added Atlas and Auctioneer, and the funny thing is, when i disable Atlas, i do not get the error message, so it must be connected to it. However i cant really figure how the two Addons can interfere, as they are for totally different purposes.
Thanks for Answering

10-22-08, 03:42 PM   #128
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Exclamation

Sometimes addon authors use the same variables as the other by accident and this causes the addons to pull the same information or information that the other addon might have been using.

10-23-08, 05:41 PM   #129
YaKa
A Defias Bandit
First i would like to say that i love the looks of this UI. Gratz!!
But i have some problems.
1st) When i log in to my char i have a LUA error message (you can see it in the picture)
2nd) I had the problem with the wow action bar appearing, i did the macaroon load genesis profile and it disapeared, but all my bars are wrong (you can see that in the picture too)
3rd) the micro and bag menu still apear

Hope theres a fix for this

10-23-08, 10:54 PM   #130
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by YaKa View Post
First i would like to say that i love the looks of this UI. Gratz!!
But i have some problems.
1st) When i log in to my char i have a LUA error message (you can see it in the picture)
2nd) I had the problem with the wow action bar appearing, i did the macaroon load genesis profile and it disapeared, but all my bars are wrong (you can see that in the picture too)
3rd) the micro and bag menu still apear

Hope theres a fix for this

Reinstall the entire UI, that only happens when you have the WoW.exe running and place/rename the UI folders for your characters...

You have to have the game completly cloesed before making any changes in the WTF folder.

As for the error that is because you have added an addon that i have not incorperated. Please give me a list of any added addons and I might look into it.

10-24-08, 02:44 AM   #131
YaKa
A Defias Bandit
I'm at work right now, so when i'll come home i will delete the Interface and WTF folders and do a fresh UI install, then i will tell you how it goes.
One thing that i noticed is that on the steps you give for instalation you say to rename the WTF Widescrren folder to WTF, but i don't have that folder. I play in 1440x990(wide) so i think that i need to use the wide version and not the fullscreen version, maybe that's the problem. Sorry for all the noob questions :P

10-24-08, 05:03 AM   #132
Kuplo
A Murloc Raider
Hi again,

Okay I altered the two files as you mentioned in the Custom Textures folder: bottom3.tga etc.

Now when I start up the game, there is a giant black space above the textures on the game. Basically the part of the texture that is drawn on looks correct, however the remainder of the textures 512 size in height is now drawn on the screen as black. Yet all I did was to shift part of the UI design to shorten up the top blocks where the players health and mana gets stored, so the remaining of the 512x512 texture remained the same black color and now it shows up in the game as black instead of being transparent.

Maybe you can give me a clue as to how to keep that black part as being transparent like it is with the original textures you provided?

Thanks,

10-24-08, 06:04 AM   #133
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Exclamation

Originally Posted by YaKa View Post
I'm at work right now, so when i'll come home i will delete the Interface and WTF folders and do a fresh UI install, then i will tell you how it goes.
One thing that i noticed is that on the steps you give for instalation you say to rename the WTF Widescrren folder to WTF, but i don't have that folder. I play in 1440x990(wide) so i think that i need to use the wide version and not the fullscreen version, maybe that's the problem. Sorry for all the noob questions :P
There is no more widescreen WTF file for the moment is just called Widescreen, I havent mad the fullscreen version yet so i havent found it appropriate to distinguash between the two sizes, so rest assured that the inclused files are all widescreen

Originally Posted by Kuplo View Post
Hi again,

Okay I altered the two files as you mentioned in the Custom Textures folder: bottom3.tga etc.

Now when I start up the game, there is a giant black space above the textures on the game. Basically the part of the texture that is drawn on looks correct, however the remainder of the textures 512 size in height is now drawn on the screen as black. Yet all I did was to shift part of the UI design to shorten up the top blocks where the players health and mana gets stored, so the remaining of the 512x512 texture remained the same black color and now it shows up in the game as black instead of being transparent.

Maybe you can give me a clue as to how to keep that black part as being transparent like it is with the original textures you provided?

Thanks,
Make sure that you did save it with an alpha layer,Or send me the art at ( [email protected] ) and i will do it for you

10-24-08, 12:09 PM   #134
YaKa
A Defias Bandit
I did the fresh install and all the stuff is in place now
But i got a new error message when i log in:
Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:
809:attempt to index local 'frame' (a number value)

I did not install any addon. do you know what is causing this?
thx for the help

Edit: Now when i logged again, it gave me the same error in my first post.
Here is all the addons:.

Last edited by YaKa : 10-24-08 at 12:18 PM.

11-05-08, 06:33 PM   #135
Abysmaleg
A Kobold Labourer
Mm, wanted to say great job Blackmage! Altho there is one thing i wanted to ask you about which is - where the f is ingame calendar ?:> tried searching it everywhere but still no luck finding it :<

11-05-08, 08:03 PM   #136
Naevil
A Kobold Labourer
how do you create hot keys, i cant find how to make my hot keys

11-08-08, 09:06 PM   #137
Phanx
Cat.

I am the author of the addon PhanxChat, which you include in your compilation. The license terms under which PhanxChat is released are plainly stated in the README file in the addon's folder, and include the following clause:

You MAY NOT include this addon in compilations or otherwise redistribute it without the express prior consent of its author.
Was there some part of this statement you found unclear? Neither you nor anyone else has contacted me requesting permission to redistribute my addon in this compilation. As such, I must insist that you immediately remove PhanxChat from your compilation, and suggest that you educate yourself on the basic details of copyright laws and software licenses before you continue redistributing others' work.

I hope this matter can be resolved amicably in a timely manner. Thanks.

11-09-08, 01:37 PM   #138
Redac
A Defias Bandit
How do I stop letting everyone know when I leveled. It yells to zone, to guild, to party etc.

11-12-08, 04:16 PM   #139
Miletus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I am the author of the addon PhanxChat, which you include in your compilation. The license terms under which PhanxChat is released are plainly stated in the README file in the addon's folder, and include the following clause:

Was there some part of this statement you found unclear? Neither you nor anyone else has contacted me requesting permission to redistribute my addon in this compilation. As such, I must insist that you immediately remove PhanxChat from your compilation, and suggest that you educate yourself on the basic details of copyright laws and software licenses before you continue redistributing others' work.

I hope this matter can be resolved amicably in a timely manner. Thanks.

You put it up for free; if you expected this not to happen, you're as naive as Microsoft.

If you don't let people include it with compilations, no-one will know about your mod. Or it'll go the way of DHUD where the author threw a tantrum and refused to update so other people rewrote it from scratch.

11-13-08, 04:19 AM   #140
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Miletus View Post
You put it up for free; if you expected this not to happen, you're as naive as Microsoft.

If you don't let people include it with compilations, no-one will know about your mod. Or it'll go the way of DHUD where the author threw a tantrum and refused to update so other people rewrote it from scratch.
I don't write addons to win some imaginary popularity contest.

I also don't care if you use my code to write a new addon; the license under which I release my code explicitly allows you to do that.

Under copyright law in the US and most other countries, you have no rights whatsoever to do anything with a work authored by someone else. Nearly all software licenses grant you rights above and beyond that -- in effect, licensing is less restrictive than basic copyright. Essentially, the only restriction I place on the use of my work is that if you want to distribute it under the same name as my work, you ask me first. I'm not asking compilation authors to pay money to include my addon. I'm only asking for them to take a few moments of their time to show some respect for the time and effort I've put into developing and supporting my work, and ask for permission before redistributing it.

Take a look at the compilations on this site alone. How many of them are up to date? The majority aren't. How many of them have anyone providing active support? The majority do not. How many of them look like someone spent time fitting all of the addons together into a unified interface? The majority do not.

I can only hope that someday you will take pride in the process of creating something and sharing it with others, and then perhaps you will be able to move beyond your childish sense of entitlement and understand why I care how my work is used.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Genesis UI Suggestion/Help Thread