07-14-10, 07:29 PM   #241
AtliThor
Now in color!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Anyone still having problems with character copies? I've tried to copy two from Nesingwary and one premade several times over the last couple of days with no luck so far. Don't get me wrong, my Wargen rogue is looking pretty cool, but I'd like to actually explore some of the new landscape.
I've copied three characters into my beta account, two on Thursday and one this morning. (One of them I actually copied twice, but that doesn't count :P)

No problems, and it took only a few hours each.

07-14-10, 07:55 PM   #242
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by AtliThor View Post
What kind of errors? Like: "You've performed an illegal action..." or more like a glitch?

For me, when I click the "Show on map" in the quest-log, or on the (?) next to a completed quest in the tracker, it shows the wrong map. (Playing Worgen. Shows some random island I don't recognize.)

And sometimes the quest "?" mark on the map is way off. (Had me running around in circles looking for the NPC )

@Grimsin. Your playing on live? Now?!

Yeah, errors that kick me out of game and ask for information as to what I did before the crash out. I was just in dalaran looking at the new screens.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-14-10, 08:12 PM   #243
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

There was a tools update today guys.

Looks like you can get in now.

I will admit tho. This was the first time I tried the beta today. I don't know if this is a fix for the "Login server busy" error as I never actually seen that error. I did get my beta key from the Addon Authors giveway here on wowinterface.com tho , tracking ID # 000132.

All I did was open the launcher. No news was showing so I clicked "Play". Logged in with my normal b.net email address and password.

It started downloading an update. This is odd I thought ... normally the Launcher kicks in the downloading & updating thing itself. It's been a while since I saw it doing an update after logging in.

It downloaded "something" (possibly a small MPQ file in the World of Warcraft Beta folder) and updated some various tools. A small blue window told me it was updating.

Once it was done I opened the Launcher. It had all the news there as usual. Clicked Play , logged in and was asked to select an account. What you choose here depends on if you have done the PTR before. Best Idea is if you see a choice between "Wow1" or "Wow2" pick one of them. If you can't see realms on that account change to the other account (there will be a pop up menu underneath the account name).

One account will be for the PTR , the other will be for beta. You can check which one to use by logging into us.battle.net and looking at the box in your list of games that has Deathwing on it in a myspace pose (*oh hai!* *snap*). The account name used for Cataclysm will be under that box.

Here's my install log out of World of Warcraft Beta->Logs->Blizzard Updater Log.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7617660/CAT%...ter%20Log.html
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 07-14-10 at 08:45 PM.

07-14-10, 10:19 PM   #244
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anyone still having problems with character copies? I've tried to copy two from Nesingwary and one premade several times over the last couple of days with no luck so far. Don't get me wrong, my Wargen rogue is looking pretty cool, but I'd like to actually explore some of the new landscape.

I copied my hunter over, and was able to log in on her (for all of 2 minutes before they had a restart). I haven't copied any others, or made any premades yet. Playing with my sweetie atm on Nesingwary, but will be logging in to beta once he logs for the night.

07-14-10, 10:47 PM   #245
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
One thing I noticed when I copied my first toon. When I did get into the game and had no characters to pick from, looking back at the Char copy page it said I still had 5 copies left. So I thought it didn't take because I had tried it when we were all having problems logging in. So I copied it again, also copied a pre-made just to be sure. Had dinner (wanted to give it the hour), logged back in and still no characters. Then I noticed the realm name and thought "that was not the one I selected". I changed realms and found I was on the UK one. When I swtched to the one I selected I had 3 toons, the 2 I copied and the pre-made one.

And my Char Copy page still states I have 5 copies left.

07-15-10, 12:21 AM   #246
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My solution for the character copy is very simple.

I could not for *** sake get it to work on Firefox.

But the first time I tried it with Opera it worked like charm.

I have no clue why but Opera displayed every page for the character copy where the Firefox just reloads the character copy page over and over.

Still having the 5 copies aswell (But I copied some chars already)

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 07-15-10 at 12:26 AM.

07-15-10, 12:37 AM   #247
AtliThor
Now in color!

Originally Posted by zork View Post
Come to think about it, I used Opera too. And I seem to remember something about a problem with Firefox during the 3.3.5 PTR phase as well. Opera and Chrome should be fine. (And Safari, I suppose.)

... just don't put your battle.net login into a IE window. It's basically asking to get hacked

O yea, and I also have 5 copies left according to that page, even though I have 4 working chars on the beta servers right now. They must not be enforcing that limit at the moment. (Or the site is broken.)

07-15-10, 12:47 AM   #248
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Yeeeah... Regarding my comments about the character copies... Let's just forget I ever said anything... I kinda... Well... I logged into the wrong server the first time... In my defense none of them were showing that I had characters present, and I was so thrilled to actually get in that I forgot which one I had copied them to... Soooo... Yeaahh...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-15-10, 12:51 AM   #249
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
Originally Posted by AtliThor View Post
O yea, and I also have 5 copies left according to that page, even though I have 4 working chars on the beta servers right now. They must not be enforcing that limit at the moment. (Or the site is broken.)
The display is broken, this was noted in the 3.3.5 PTR. If you try to copy a character after 5, the copy will fail. Nothing prevents you from going through the process, but the Character Copy Status page reports that the transfer failed.

07-15-10, 01:11 AM   #250
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just created my first Worgen!
But my copied druid is broken. Logged in in Bearform and now he is stuck and can't change to any other form or cast anything.

07-15-10, 02:10 AM   #251
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

try "/cancelaura Bear Form"

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

07-15-10, 04:59 AM   #252
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeeeah... Regarding my comments about the character copies... Let's just forget I ever said anything... I kinda... Well... I logged into the wrong server the first time... In my defense none of them were showing that I had characters present, and I was so thrilled to actually get in that I forgot which one I had copied them to... Soooo... Yeaahh...
*waves hand* These are not the realms you are looking for. *waves hand*

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

07-15-10, 05:13 AM   #253
dafire
Premium Member
I did not get that last "World of Warcraft Update Tools (2.1.2.1542)“ update yet but it works now .. at least on my macbook.

I'll check my windows box hat home after work

Last edited by dafire : 07-15-10 at 05:17 AM.

07-15-10, 05:57 AM   #254
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Don't forget here that if you've used the 3.3.5 PTR you will have a wow1 and a wow2 account to select from. The exact one to choose you can confirm by logging into battle.net and looking under the Manage games for Deathwing or w/e that dragony thing on the box is.

I know it doesn't strictly apply here but thought I'ld add something in for the new beta players.
Originally Posted by dafire View Post
I did not get that last "World of Warcraft Update Tools (2.1.2.1542)“ update yet but it works now .. at least on my macbook.
Forgot to mention this is on my PPC mac. Not sure if it's connected to not being able to login as I never actually saw that error.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

07-15-10, 07:40 AM   #255
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I tried /cancelaura, /cancelform, using other form spells but nothing works. It says I am already transformed.
I opened a GM Ticket but this could take weeks on beta realm (blue in betaforum said to one player with a stuck char he should play another char because GMs have almost no time to fix chars).

07-15-10, 07:41 AM   #256
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zork View Post
My solution for the character copy is very simple.

I could not for *** sake get it to work on Firefox.

I have no clue why but Opera displayed every page for the character copy where the Firefox just reloads the character copy page over and over.

Still having the 5 copies aswell (But I copied some chars already)
Thanks for the Opera tip it worked .

07-15-10, 08:21 AM   #257
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
*waves hand* These are not the realms you are looking for. *waves hand*
Now that I thiink of it, this is EXACTLY what happened! This old guy dressed in a snuggie came up and then...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-15-10, 10:22 AM   #258
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p View Post
I tried /cancelaura, /cancelform, using other form spells but nothing works. It says I am already transformed.
I opened a GM Ticket but this could take weeks on beta realm (blue in betaforum said to one player with a stuck char he should play another char because GMs have almost no time to fix chars).
You could try just copying your druid over again and deleting the bugged one?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Login Server Busy?