10-06-10, 04:36 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Contest to design the new Clique icon w/ a fabulous prize!

Due to my complete and utter lack of skill in realising the ideas that I have in my head, I have decided to hold a contest in order to find the new icon for Clique, your favorite casting addon.

I have a few ideas for prizes, possibly an autographed copy of my book, a collector's edition battle.net authenticator, gift certificates for Amazon, or possibly my item code for one of the limited edition mini-pets, like the Marine Murloc. It all depends on what the winner wants, within reason and my ability to give.

Starting now and running through Sunday, October 10th, I will be accepting entries for the new Clique icon. All entries should be provided in the following sizes and configurations:
  • 256x256 square (for use on the spellbook tab)
  • 256x256 circle (for use on the configuration portrait icon)
  • 64x64 square
  • 64x64 circle

The only reason I ask for different sizes is if the original source is vector art, you will have a better opportunity to resize than than I will.

As for the actual image itself, I'm quite partial to the one Gello made me quite some time ago, which can be seen here on WowInterface. A slightly muted background is probably best, but feel free to experiment!

The general idea is to show a mouse that is a wizard in a way that is fun and recognisable. Most importantly, just have fun with it!

Entries can be posted in this thread, or directed to me in personal messages on wowinterface.com or via email (jnwhiteh or cladhaire at the gmail). Upon sending me your image you do NOT grant me any license other than to view the images and to choose a winner. We will negotiate any terms before I announce any winners to ensure the terms meet both of our needs.

By submitting any images for review, you certify that you are authorised to distribute them and submit them for this contest. If you choose to use stock images, you should show that you have the rights to use those images. Any entrants who are found guilty of copyright violation will be removed from consideration
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 10-06-10 at 05:02 PM.
10-12-10, 05:43 AM   #2
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Congratulations to d87 for designing the winning icon. You can see it in action in Clique today!
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Contest to design the new Clique icon w/ a fabulous prize!