06-27-07, 10:41 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
BlizzCon UI Questions

Since I am going to be attending BlizzCon this year (thank you again everyone!) I am going to try to get an opportunity to talk to Blizz people about UI stuff, so:

This is the official wishes, bugs and comments/feedback thread I will take with me when I head to Los Angeles August 3rd & 4th.

Please be as descriptive as you can. No flaming, no whining, no commenting on other people’s feedback. Only post things related to the interface. Thanks!

Please remember to post details & examples. Without that its going to be near impossible for me to convey your post.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-27-07, 10:43 PM   #2
depotstu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I would love to see the paging system skip empty bars...like it used to

06-27-07, 10:50 PM   #3
Innomin8
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Special request

Get some photos with you and the Blizzard people.
06-27-07, 10:54 PM   #4
Innomin8
A Murloc Raider
Also, if they could find some way of allowing SOAP connections from WoW, that would be just awesome

There's quite a few things I'd love to build... some examples:
* An in game DKP system which automatically updates a web site with the changes made in game.
* A system to search for Quest details from a dedicated web site (search for the quest which gives the reward of item X for instance)

I'd also LOVE to see some kind of way for the UI to query whether you character has done a particular quest. I'd love to be able to go back to all the old NPCs and do the quests which I skipped.
06-28-07, 07:23 AM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ask if they could fix the keybindings on buttons. Like instead of "Shif.." for a keybinding that has shift, or control, or Alt in it, have it say N1,A1,C1. That way you can see what keybinding it is O.o

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-28-07, 08:04 AM   #6
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Hmmmm... I guess that I would really like to see the following implemented:

1. Frame Layout / Raid Frame Layout Options Built In that allow for a lot more customization and placement. Some of the various layouts that folks have come up with over the years would be GREAT to see as an option.

2. Have each keybinding to a button have built-in [target=mouseover] functionality.

3. Multiple "themes" options built in to the UI (to change the default UI look and "feel")

4. Built-in Viewport game options.

5. Default UI Layout Options. For example, relocating the mini-map from the top right corner to the lower left, center, or right sides if selected, and having the default UI elements "adjusted" accordingly.

I guess that's all for now.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance

Last edited by Geboran : 06-28-07 at 08:20 AM.
06-28-07, 09:54 AM   #7
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
It would be nice to hear when the in-game guild bank is going to be implemented. I know that isn't a part of the UI per se, but inquiring minds want to know...

I would also like to see it possible for us to be able to move and resize the default Blizzard UI windows (such as Quest Log, Bank, Bags, Professions, Talents, so that the contents are visible on one window without having to scroll through them or "minimize" parts of them so that you can see the content you are interested in seeing.

Back in the day, about 2 years ago now, I guess, I had suggested to Blizzard that they implement a keyring in the game. At least Blizzard got that one right.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-05-07, 06:17 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Wow, not a lot of discussion going on in this thread.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-05-07, 06:32 PM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

How is the in-game VoIP going to work?

07-05-07, 07:21 PM   #10
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I would like to see added to the default UI resizing and positioning of the bars, unti frames etc, and an option to have all the bags open up into one big bag. this would elimate the use of quite a few third party mods as well as a fubar/titanpanel option intergrated with the default UI. that would be sweet.

Thanx and gratz on making it to Blizzcon
07-06-07, 01:28 PM   #11
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gothicknight
I would like to see added to the default UI resizing and positioning of the bars, unti frames etc, and an option to have all the bags open up into one big bag. this would elimate the use of quite a few third party mods as well as a fubar/titanpanel option intergrated with the default UI. that would be sweet.

Thanx and gratz on making it to Blizzcon
I don't think they will make one big bag :/ they might, someday, let's us move bar around with out mods.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » BlizzCon UI Questions