01-14-16, 10:19 AM   #1
valrias
A Defias Bandit
Cross-realm guild chat

Hello can someone make addon thats bridge guild chat on two different realm (not connected),when i looking for this addon i find this http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/inc...ealm-guild-ch/
maybe someone can look at it and fix it ? its not work properly on 6.2.3
thanks for read and sorry for my bad english
01-14-16, 02:35 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I honestly don't see this as being a reliable addon. At any time, if one of the two people that this addon links through goes offline, the entire link is severed. With very big guilds, this also has the potential of taking up a lot of bandwidth, which Blizzard wouldn't be very happy with and could lead to the addon being blacklisted. This also would allow cross-faction communication, which is against ToS. While RealID chat itself does do this, it's not at the scale this addon can be configured to perform.
01-16-16, 02:35 PM   #3
TOM_RUS
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
This also would allow cross-faction communication, which is against ToS.
Sorry, what? If said communication doable through addon, there's nothing wrong with it.

Also you don't need to be realid friends to transfer data between realms, regular whispers are working fine cross realm (ofc it won't work cross faction). This way you can make a list of players and send them messages cross realm without needing for specific player to be online.

Last edited by TOM_RUS : 01-16-16 at 02:47 PM.
01-16-16, 06:07 PM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
Sorry, what? If said communication doable through addon, there's nothing wrong with it.

Also you don't need to be realid friends to transfer data between realms, regular whispers are working fine cross realm (ofc it won't work cross faction). This way you can make a list of players and send them messages cross realm without needing for specific player to be online.
I don't think it's possible to transfer addon data through cross realms, only with your battlegroup servers.
01-16-16, 08:10 PM   #5
TOM_RUS
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
I don't think it's possible to transfer addon data through cross realms, only with your battlegroup servers.
You can transfer data using regular whispers and those are working cross realm. Ofc receiving side should have an addon installed that will filter and handle those data whispers...
01-17-16, 04:57 AM   #6
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
You can transfer data using regular whispers and those are working cross realm. Ofc receiving side should have an addon installed that will filter and handle those data whispers...
Yes and it would spam nonsense whispers constantly for thoose who does not have the addon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Cross-realm guild chat