04-14-09, 09:59 AM   #1
Hradani
A Kobold Labourer
Banning and Closing Threads

You're not listing to the end user? You're banning users, deleting posts and locking threads you don't agree with proves it.

I've heard that they are banning users from this site if they say things WoW Interface doesn't want to hear and that they've deleted posts that WoW Interface doesn’t agree with. Now to test that.

The bandwidth excuse doesn’t fly. I’m an SA for a very large network and understand, in depth, how this works. WoW Interface will have a higher bandwidth usage because people will spend more time searching for and downloading their addons; so the bandwidth argument is as I said, an excuse. I also work with websites and advertisers on those websites and can tell you firsthand, this comes down to whose ads are being displayed and therefore the money in the pocket.

Unfortunately, it’s the end user who must suffer this little “my ads are better”, dispute.

Curse and WoW Interface could limit bandwidth on WoW Matrix so the end user could keep their addons up to date, while they finish and release an updater that works as good as WoW Matrix. They claim to be working together on banning WoW Matrix, so why don’t they work together on an updater? Ads?

04-14-09, 10:03 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I am typing up a response as we speak. You wanted to test me, you can have your vacation too. People's heads need to cool and you need to read my response.

Patience is a virtue.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-14-09, 10:19 AM   #3
Tomanak
A Kobold Labourer
Banned Again

So it's true, banning and deleting everything WoW Interface doesn’t agree with. I can create accounts all day and all night. Censorship and who’s ads are displayed is the bottom line. I used the author links on WoW Matrix and used the author links and the links to come to here and to Curse. I’ll make sure to spend many hours one your site racking up bandwidth usage, not only because you blocked WoW Matrix, but because you censure everything you don’t agree with.

Listen to your users and unblock WoW Matrix

Last edited by Tomanak : 04-14-09 at 10:23 AM.

04-14-09, 10:29 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/me sighs

Are you really this blind? I'm not banning people I don't agree with. I'm banning people who get out of line and aren't following the forum rules, so that they can cool their heads. If you open your eyes, you will see that those posts are still there for everyone to read. Only 2 or 3 posts were deleted from that thread because they were off topic.

I am being patient with you. If you aren't patient with us and abuse us and this site, you might see an IP ban in your future. I am not putting this here in the open to scare people, I am putting this here for people to see because we *don't* brush things under the table.

/facepalm
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-14-09, 10:48 AM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Hradani View Post
Curse and WoW Interface could limit bandwidth on WoW Matrix so the end user could keep their addons up to date, while they finish and release an updater that works as good as WoW Matrix. They claim to be working together on banning WoW Matrix, so why don’t they work together on an updater? Ads?
We are working on a better updater.

I cant speak for curse but we can no longer afford the bandwidth WM takes.

We can't really limit bandwidth to WM because they've made the program extremely difficult to detect with their random user agents, etc. We can only block or allow at this point.

I can understand your frustration at this point and I hope that gets alleviated soon with our new addon updater. unfortunately I cant give you a time line when its going to be finished. I hope soon

In the mean time I would like to ask you to keep things civil. We dont delete posts we dont agree with we delete posts where there is childish name calling and personal attacks. Every one can effectively communicate with out resorting to those things.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Banning and Closing Threads