06-23-08, 11:01 PM   #1
cawfee
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Display Guild Notes next to player name

Hey all,

we have a small private guild full of friends and people we know, and all of their Alts are members of the same guild as well. As you can imagine, it's kind of hard to keep track of who owns which alt, so we decided to write each person's own / "real" name in the Guild Notes.

Now, is there a mod that prints the Guild Note for each player after their name in Guild chat, so we know who is talking without opening the Guild menu first? Such a mod would be wonderful to have and add a lot of clarity to conversations.

Thanks in advance C:
06-23-08, 11:30 PM   #2
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

Try Guild Greet. Even if you don't use the greet function it can read the notes to list alts/mains (or you can manually assign them in Guild Greet).

This will only show them when they log in or out.

Prat has a function for this as well, but not really worth it to get it just for that feature as it's a whole compilation of chat tools.

Might be other chat tools that are smaller that include that as well. Hope this helps
06-23-08, 11:34 PM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use AuldLangSyne for a similar reason (among it's other great features). It wont print the guild note, but you can record your own ALS note and it will display that upon someone logging in. Not sure if that helps but worth a shot.

06-23-08, 11:46 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I use Chatter's feature that lets you set a "main" for any character in your guild. You can type in their main character's name, a nickname, or their RL name. I think there's a standalone addon that does just this, but the name escapes me atm.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Display Guild Notes next to player name