12-24-14, 06:42 PM   #1
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Name of HUD arrow window?

My HUD arrow keeps moving, frequently off the screen. That might be due to my using full-size windowed on a dual monitor system. Right now I have to use /carb resetwin, and it returns. However I have to set all the other windows back up also. There is a command (/carb winpos name x y) to move it, but I don't know the name of the window.
12-24-14, 06:57 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

In Carbonite "Options"

Move the Tracking HUD to where you want it (on your display), then...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lock_Tracking_HUD_Position.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	8388  
12-24-14, 08:19 PM   #3
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that and see what happens.
12-24-14, 09:23 PM   #4
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Nope. I selected "Lock Tracking HUD Position", but it still disappears, both in windowed and fullscreen modes. So now I'm not sure it is actually moving, just disappearing. Resetting the windows every few minutes gets frustrating, though.

I'm going to turn off all other add-ons to see if it may be some weird conflict.
12-25-14, 04:45 AM   #5
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Dear rckann,

what i have seen so far in NX.HUD the frame is named and called only Frame, could be something like NXHUD:Frame but it is only a Guess,

greetings Samyonair
12-28-14, 01:13 AM   #6
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Dear rckann,

what i have seen so far in NX.HUD the frame is named and called only Frame, could be something like NXHUD:Frame but it is only a Guess,

greetings Samyonair
THANK YOU! The window name is just NXHUD.

I created a macro

/carb winpos nxhud 150 150

to bring the arrow back when it decides to wander off the screen. It's my work-around until this gets fixed.
01-16-15, 08:01 PM   #7
dagaard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by rckann View Post
Nope. I selected "Lock Tracking HUD Position", but it still disappears, both in windowed and fullscreen modes. So now I'm not sure it is actually moving, just disappearing. Resetting the windows every few minutes gets frustrating, though.

I'm going to turn off all other add-ons to see if it may be some weird conflict.
I noticed it happens when you are in combat. It kept "floating" off to the right when I was in combat. When combat was over it stopped. I moved it back and as soon as I went into combat again off it went off the screen.
01-19-15, 12:34 PM   #8
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

The last time I noticed it happening, it was during combat, but it didn't go back when combat was over.

Incidentally, this doesn't happen at all when I'm playing on my own account. It only happens when I am helping my friend by leveling his alt. I use essentially the same addons when playing his character as I do when I'm playing mine, so I have no idea what the difference could be.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Name of HUD arrow window?