04-12-06, 07:32 AM   #101
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
I also noticed the name was missing or rather just " ". I just thougth deformat would return this string which would be correct and then not lockup string.format.

I have to say that as this particular freezebug has been solved there isn't that much point discussing it further the biggest question is what causes the other crashbug.
04-12-06, 10:27 AM   #102
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TheFly
I also noticed the name was missing or rather just " ". I just thougth deformat would return this string which would be correct and then not lockup string.format.

I have to say that as this particular freezebug has been solved there isn't that much point discussing it further the biggest question is what causes the other crashbug.
Until everyone who was freezing (in my case both my wife's character and mine), has reported in that the update works for them as Kenmayo asked. I would not mind hearing some more feedback. After several pages of crashing. Some good news is always welcomed.

04-12-06, 11:49 AM   #103
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was actually working until the update. After 1.10.1, I'm back to locking up. I haven't had any time to debug tho, so that's why I haven't posted yet.
04-12-06, 01:32 PM   #104
Curney
A Murloc Raider

I had this freezing issue too. After I disabled FuQuest, I logged in and opened my Quest Log and went through every entry in my log. I noticed that there was a little pause before some of the quest objectives filled in. I wonder if now that those objectives show up if I can use QuestFu without locking up now? I had to go to work before I could try it . I'll see if I can do it later today.

Vita Infinita
04-12-06, 06:33 PM   #105
Crucial
A Defias Bandit
Just to give you guys a status update. It still freezes the game for me. I've upgraded my Fubar and I've even pin pointed it to this mod. What can I do to help you guys out? What information do you need from me?
04-12-06, 08:33 PM   #106
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Okay! An informative chat with Miravlix and AnduinLothar on #wowi-lounge has helped me a lot with What's Going On.

Current theory of various quest-tracker people is that if you try to run through GetQuestLogLeaderBoard() before the WDB itemcache/creaturecache has loaded properly, then the call to GetQuestLogLeaderBoard() with a non-loaded item will generate a QUEST_LOG_UPDATE event. Which will retrigger the scan. Which will retrigger the event. Which will retrigger the scan. You see where this is going.

I've rewritten the QUEST_LOG_UPDATE handling. It now waits for 1 second before each scan of the data (which refills if any more QUEST_LOG_UPDATES appear in that period).

Please give this a try. Let me know if it doesn't stop the crashes, or if it refuses to actually update, or suchlike.

I'd like to upload this as an official release as soon as possible, assuming that it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu-0.2.4.b.zip (10.6 KB, 714 views)
04-12-06, 08:45 PM   #107
hikaricore
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Kemayo
I'd like to upload this as an official release as soon as possible, assuming that it worked.

woot it works *huggle attacks* no more crashing
04-12-06, 09:01 PM   #108
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kemayo
Please give this a try. Let me know if it doesn't stop the crashes, or if it refuses to actually update, or suchlike.

Inital look, It worked for me as well. I'll do a full sweep with all alts when I get a chance.
04-12-06, 09:59 PM   #109
Kudane
Co-Founder

SUCCESS!!!!

Both wife and I are not having ANY problems with QuestFu now!!!

WOOOOOOOT!!!!
04-12-06, 10:22 PM   #110
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I'm not seeing any issues either. I've tried it on 2 different machines using old SV and no SV. Both load fine and work great!

Thanks
04-17-06, 02:40 AM   #111
Kudane
Co-Founder

5 days with no further replies. It appears to be completely corrected. Good Job Kemayo!

/bow
04-19-06, 11:59 AM   #112
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Improved tracker:
shows the quests you select in an detatched tooltip.
Pretty much equivalent to the blizzard tracker but nicer.
Supports the same coloring and tracking of text objective quest that QuestsFu does.
Also has no limit to how many quests it can track.

This is as an alternative to just detatching the full tooltip which obviously take more screen estate. Finally as usual you can see the full log by hovering QuestsFu in FuBar.

I would like to have some test it unless I'm the only one interested in this.

Anyway pease out. I'm glad the crash issues are resolved
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu.zip (11.1 KB, 721 views)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » BossPanel_Quests