11-12-06, 05:25 AM   #1
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
requests to slouken from EU

Since EU people are unfortunatly not able to post in the US UI forums, I'll be posting my whishes in here.

My current wish list for reponses by slouken (based on the TBC beta API)

API to obtain the vendor value of an item
This could be implemented as seperate function or as additional return value to GetItemInfo.
Note that the value will change based on the current durability so a formular to calculate the other value would be nice to.

API to obtain the name of buffs/enchantments on items
We've gotten functions to directly obtain the name of a unit buff. But for item buffs such as poisons we still have to use tooltip scanning. For enchants we have a value in the item link but iirc we have to map it to a name ourself.

API to set watched faction via faction name
Currently the watched faction can only be set via an id that changes based on which headers are collapsed. So factions inside a colapsed area can't be set at all.

/€dit ---
debugtrace for blocked addon actions
correct me if I'm wrong but currently the only way to tell that an addon action has been blocked is via the events fired from this. So we now the addon name and the name of the function tried to call. But we don't know where exactly it was tried to call. Since we can output the data only as a reaction to the event, a debug trace will point to our output code and not to the place where things broke.

this is already working... my fault

Last edited by Elkano : 11-13-06 at 01:48 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » requests to slouken from EU