03-09-07, 01:52 PM   #1
Tralaix
A Murloc Raider
Weap swapping causing lag? help plz..

On my new alliance shaman I first noticed it when swapping off hand items. It also affects my main (Warlock). Its a pretty serious 5 second delay. Total screen freeze. Watching myself on my roomates comp I swap the weapons instantly but my screen hangs.

Im running Piramod (Titan and everything included), DBM (load on need), Trinity bars

Any ideas?
03-09-07, 02:37 PM   #2
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a cooldown (1.5 seconds I think) when you swap weapons. It's not lag.
03-09-07, 03:40 PM   #3
Tralaix
A Murloc Raider
My whole screen lags for a full five seconds. Its not the weap swap cooldown. When I say lag i mean my screen "locks up", totally freezes, no graphical changes are taking place.

It also does it with armor.
03-09-07, 04:08 PM   #4
la7eralus
A Defias Bandit
do you use itemrack? Update to the newest, fixed the issue for me...for the most part.
03-09-07, 05:16 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Also, what is your memory limit set to for your addons and what is your memory usage when your screen freezes? You might need to bump it up or set it to 0. Come 2.1, though, Blizz will be getting rid of your Memory Allotment, so that shouldn't be an issue then.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-09-07, 11:31 PM   #6
Tralaix
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the replys. Well...after posting I bit the bullet and disabled all my add ons and went through 1 by 1 turning them on and I ended up turning them all back on without finding the offending program but....

no more screen freeze sooooooooooo.....I guess I fixed it? lol

Ill reply again if it happens again.

(I had previously deleted itemrack in attemps to fix it)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Weap swapping causing lag? help plz..