03-29-07, 09:55 AM   #1
borbies
A Fallenroot Satyr

Target glow/aura?

I sometimes have a hard time seeing exactly what I am targetting. The ambient lighting effect is very weak, and the red circle underneath the models is unreliable on uneven terrain.

Is there any add-on/mod that will make whatever I am currently targetting have an aura/glow effect that is easier to see?

Or maybe a way to swap the red-circle file for something better?

Thank you for the help.
03-29-07, 10:17 AM   #2
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope. That's one of the 3D effects and making changes to them is a big Blizzard no-no. Can't be done.
03-29-07, 10:23 AM   #3
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Possible mod...

I've been using a mod called MAcon for a little while and I love it.

http://files.filefront.com/MAcon+r30.../fileinfo.html - I did actually get it via the WinAceUpdater but this URL is the same mod.

When I target a mob it puts a raid icon "X" above it. Incredibly useful when I'm in a party and people need to know which we tank first.

Changing target clears the "X" on the previous mob and places it over the new target.

Works real nice.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 03-29-07 at 10:36 AM.
03-29-07, 11:20 AM   #4
borbies
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yeah, I tried MAcon but... it's for groups. I'm looking for something while solo also. I'm a hunter so in groups everything is already marked as is.
03-29-07, 01:51 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Is using your hunter's mark not a viable option?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-29-07, 02:31 PM   #6
borbies
A Fallenroot Satyr

Marking every mob as I tab through them, which is on the GCD, and has a low strata, is not viable.

I'm looking for something like a raid icon (easy to see, above the mobs head, high strata, no gcd) that I can use when solo to decipher which mob I am targetting in a group of mobs.
03-29-07, 02:31 PM   #7
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Indeed...

Originally Posted by Seerah
Is using your hunter's mark not a viable option?
When I solo my hunter I hunter's mark things. See if this [still] works... http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...2745/automark/

When I am in party I use the mod I mention above.

As far as anything that changes the graphical display of a mob without raid icons or hunters mark... not possible.

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 03-29-07 at 02:37 PM.
03-29-07, 02:44 PM   #8
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Off the top of my head I don't know if you can assign raid targets when soloing. If so, that is certainly an option. There are several auto raid icon mods around.

I do not think you can do this sadly.
03-29-07, 03:06 PM   #9
borbies
A Fallenroot Satyr

ok, thanx for the help anyway.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Target glow/aura?