03-08-08, 10:39 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exalted by 40

I just rolled a new undead rogue, and instead of the skelton horse I wanted to get a raptor. I've been looking on wiki's and other forums for a couple of days now, but I can't find the one thing I'm looking for:

How many stacks of mageweave would I need to turn in to get to exalted status with the darkspear trolls?

Thanks for any help.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-08-08, 11:01 PM   #2
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I don't know about mageweave, but I know where most of the troll quests are. I just reached level 40 with my Troll Hunter. There are the obvious Durotar Starting quests, but there are also a lot of trolls in Desolace, and Stranglethorn Vale. I'm pretty sure there are some in Swamp of Sorrows as well, but being that this is my first Horde Character, I have not quested there yet, and am not positive.

Hope this helps.
03-09-08, 01:53 AM   #3
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

i think to do repeats of cloth turn ins you need to be 50 not too sure though so your best bet to being exulted by 40 is doing troll quests.
03-09-08, 02:08 AM   #4
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
I just rolled a new undead rogue, and instead of the skelton horse I wanted to get a raptor. I've been looking on wiki's and other forums for a couple of days now, but I can't find the one thing I'm looking for:

How many stacks of mageweave would I need to turn in to get to exalted status with the darkspear trolls?

Thanks for any help.
Don't turn in mageweave for rep. That's a major waste of a resource that would otherwise bring you lots of gold in the AH. All of my toons created since BC's release are exalted with all factions usually by their low to mid 30's. The simple way to do it? Do every quest everywhere, no matter how mundane or trivial the exp gain may be. Along with BC, they finally fixed the rep gains so you continue to get the full rep gain no matter how long the quest has been gray to you.

Another thing about rep gains - once you've completed a faction to exalted (let's say Orgrimmar), if you continue doing Orgrimmar faction quests, the rep gains go into other factions. For instance, if you are lagging behind in Thunder Bluff rep, your Org quests might add to Thunder Bluff rep, etc. Many quests add generic "horde" rep gains as well. While I have no precise way of knowing how this is calculated, I can personally confirm it works on both Alliance and Horde. The point being, do not stop doing one particular faction's quests simply because you get to exalted. The rep gain will go into other friendly factions. It's quite nice really. I usually get all racial mounts on all my 70's. Since BC has come out, I can even do this at level 40.

Good luck and don't waste cloth like that! It simply is not necessary since BC to do that. I do all the cloth quests once to get the initial experience from them, but I never EVER make use of the repeatable turn-ins. This may sound like a lot of questing, but you'll always be a bit over level for the quests, making it go much faster than doing it on-level.

Take a look at my orc warrior and night elf druidin my signature. Their reputation is a result of simple questing. I created both of them a month or two after BC's release and he was easily exalted with everyone very early on as I have described here. My blood elf paladin was not leveled the same way. I've generally instanced his way up as he's pretty much always been protection spec and I've leveled with my girlfriend (holy priest).

Happy Questing

Last edited by Republic : 03-09-08 at 02:25 AM.
03-09-08, 07:34 AM   #5
Arabeth
A Black Drake

I don't know if it works with Horde characters or not but I have been using TourGuide to manage the doing of all quests. Currently well on way to being exalted at lvl27 with Celerity.
03-09-08, 08:33 AM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Alright, thanks everyone. I think I'll do what Republic said and do and do all the troll starting quest.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-09-08, 09:05 AM   #7
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
Alright, thanks everyone. I think I'll do what Republic said and do and do all the troll starting quest.
If you visit www.wowhead.com and browse factions. Choose the faction you want to get rep with and sort quest from lowest level to highest. My hunter got exalted with every mount giving faction(it did however help that I have done every starting quest for every faction about a bajillion times). Good luck
03-09-08, 09:35 AM   #8
Dissy
A Murloc Raider
If you use Wowhead, and browse 'Quests', there is a button on the right side for filters. You can filter quests for horde, raise faction with, Orgrimmar. It will list all the quest that gives Org rep.

In addition to those, I think it is level 10 quests that gives starting city rep, will get you some spill over. I think it is 25%. So if you do a quest that gives 250 Undercity rep, you will get about 63 rep in each of the other faction. I did notice this is not 100% and have not found a reason why some give spill over and others dont. Basically, do as many quests level 10+ for all the reps, and the level 1 starting quests for Orgrimmar.

I have 3 Blood Elves that got exalted with UC by level 40.
03-09-08, 09:48 AM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

My Belf was Exalted with Org without even trying, and not too far out with UC, I should go the the lowbie quests when I get a chance. On the Alliance side, my Shammy was Exalted with Darnasses by L37 and with SW by 42. Which is nice as once I hit 40, I could start riding my Nightsaber. No mutant elephant for that Shammy . She is Revered with IF and the Gnomes and she is not even 50 yet.
03-09-08, 10:50 AM   #10
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

I've been questing like normal (no out of the way quests for rep, other than the BE stating area and Ghostlands) and I am Revered at level 40 with all factions on my Troll Hunter. The only Faction I am going out of my way to get rep for is Silvermoon (I want a Chocobo), and I'm not really going too far out of my way to get that.
03-09-08, 05:07 PM   #11
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Starting quests are one of the biggest capital city rep boots in the game. What really makes the difference is since the 2.3 patch when they decreased the time to level. I've noticed rep gains through the roof since then. I usually do all quests in my races newb zones and otherwise don't go out of my way and here's my results to give you an idea of the difference:

- My Alliance level 70 hunter is only Revered with IF and Honored elsewhere.
- My Horde level 70 Druid is Revered with TB and almost Revered everywhere else.
- My Horde level 59 Priest is Revered with UC, Org, and almost TB, so I'll prob be Exalted with most of em by 70.

03-09-08, 05:51 PM   #12
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
Starting quests are one of the biggest capital city rep boots in the game. What really makes the difference is since the 2.3 patch when they decreased the time to level. I've noticed rep gains through the roof since then. I usually do all quests in my races newb zones and otherwise don't go out of my way and here's my results to give you an idea of the difference:

- My Alliance level 70 hunter is only Revered with IF and Honored elsewhere.
- My Horde level 70 Druid is Revered with TB and almost Revered everywhere else.
- My Horde level 59 Priest is Revered with UC, Org, and almost TB, so I'll prob be Exalted with most of em by 70.
Quest experience, mob killing experience, and time to level have nothing to do with rep gains and faction. The leveling changes, while nice, were only recently implemented and were not introduced with BC. What was introduced with BC was a FIX to rep gains that were previously diminishing as they were in essence tied to direct experience. Thus, prior to BC, a quest that may have been gray would have produced very little faction gain (if any) while an orange or yellow quest would have given a significant amount more. This was a mistake and was fixed with BC's release.

For some of us who had done almost every quest possible in the game with our old max level 60's (at the time of BC's release), it was VERY frustrating to know they'd never receive the rep adjustments of brand new BC toons doing the same exact quests, etc. My 70 human paladin had done almost every quest in the game when he was at 60, and is far from being exalted with various factions. On the other hand, my new (post-BC) orc warrior and night elf druids were easily exalted by level 40 with everyone. The difference is purely the rep gain adjustments and has nothing to do with experience, or ease of leveling.
03-22-08, 05:28 PM   #13
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Looks interesting, i'll do this on my shaman too, I'm in Brill atm.

03-22-08, 08:04 PM   #14
Occam
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Quest experience, mob killing experience, and time to level have nothing to do with rep gains and faction. The leveling changes, while nice, were only recently implemented and were not introduced with BC. What was introduced with BC was a FIX to rep gains that were previously diminishing as they were in essence tied to direct experience. Thus, prior to BC, a quest that may have been gray would have produced very little faction gain (if any) while an orange or yellow quest would have given a significant amount more. This was a mistake and was fixed with BC's release.

For some of us who had done almost every quest possible in the game with our old max level 60's (at the time of BC's release), it was VERY frustrating to know they'd never receive the rep adjustments of brand new BC toons doing the same exact quests, etc. My 70 human paladin had done almost every quest in the game when he was at 60, and is far from being exalted with various factions. On the other hand, my new (post-BC) orc warrior and night elf druids were easily exalted by level 40 with everyone. The difference is purely the rep gain adjustments and has nothing to do with experience, or ease of leveling.
Yeah, this is absolutely true. I have just started a warrior alt, and here's my strategy:

- Download and Install "TourGuide" mod by Tekkub. It's a fantastic addon that brings you through the most efficient way of getting each and every quest done for the specified zone you are in. This is really a good way to make sure you get all the rep gains you can.
- When starting your new character, bring him through the normal quest routine with your starting zone (Stormwind area if you're Human, Ironforge area if you're Dwarf/Gnome, etc. etc.)
- When you finish the second zone of questing (Westfall for Humans, Loch Modan for Dwarves/Gnomes, Darkshore for Night Elf, Bloodmyst Isle for Draenei), you should be around level 16-20. At this point, go to each starting zone and do what you just did in your own: the first two zones. Make sure to do all of the quests that TourGuide brings you through.
- I was able to start and complete all of Teldrasill quests this afternoon as my level 23 warrior. I got next to nothing in XP, but I got a TON of reputation with Darnassus.

Here's what I've done so far, and the reputation total as a result of it:

EDIT: Screenshot of what I summarize below: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3...riorrepal1.jpg

Darnassus - Completed all Teldrasill quests, still have to do Darkshore (Auberdine) quests. Reputation: Approximately 10% into Revered.
Exodar - Completed all quests through Bloodmyst Isle. Reputation: Approximately 20% into Revered.
Gnomeregan Exiles/Ironforge: Completed all quests in Dun Morough. Haven't touched Loch Modan yet. Reputation: About 70% into Honored.
Stormwind: Completed all quests in Elwynn Forest and Westfall. Reputation: About 30% into Revered.

This is my level 23 Human Warrior. Keep in mind that because he's human, he gets the Reputation bonus. I expect to be exalted by 40 at this pace!

Last edited by Occam : 03-22-08 at 08:34 PM.
11-20-08, 02:18 PM   #15
Morbeth
A Defias Bandit
I had read that spillover does not go to revered factions, is that true? I would just go see but my BF insists on paying my account (as it was his idea to play wow) and he (i love him) needs a few days with unexpected problems.

I did all the orc quests to level 40 trying to get exalted, but I see you must do all low main faction quests instead. The 'do all the orgrimmar quests' first approach did not work, at least for my BE
11-20-08, 03:21 PM   #16
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

my 46 troll is half way to exalted og (10k into revered).
your logic fails at some point, ive leveled 4 chars to 70 after all that xp/rep change, and none of them got exalted to other than main faction until 55-65
12-14-08, 02:34 AM   #17
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
my 46 troll is half way to exalted og (10k into revered).
your logic fails at some point, ive leveled 4 chars to 70 after all that xp/rep change, and none of them got exalted to other than main faction until 55-65
I don't think anyone's logic fails in this thread. If you'd care to pay attention to the dates on these posts, it's clear that there have been some major changes to the game over the past EIGHT MONTHS that may cause some of this information to be a bit dated.

It's obviously not possible to hit exalted with everyone by 40 now, as they have dumbed the game down for people so much that you can hit 40 by sneezing (it seems). I'm not sure how the leveling changes impact rep gains, as well, I'm a veteran player and haven't really spent time noobing around much lately.

Your post makes very little sense when you consider its relevance to this 8 month old thread. Quite frankly, it's possible now (and any other time) to level to max level without ever gaining a single point of rep. You can grind your way anywhere, bypassing every reputation in the game. So again, what's your point?

Consider all data presented before slamming someone's logic as being flawed. Otherwise, kettle? I'd like to introduce you to the pot.

Thanks
12-19-08, 07:05 PM   #18
Malen
A Kobold Labourer
I've tried to get exalted on by 40.

Not worth all the work IMO, Now at 60 I have my kodo (bought with honor) and I'm happy.
01-19-09, 06:47 PM   #19
Sheper
A Defias Bandit
Just search wowhead for the faction's rep.. should show all the quests that reward rep as well as the repeatable quests
01-20-09, 03:41 AM   #20
Luciferul
An Aku'mai Servant

...or you can use a reputation calculator (see my signature)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Exalted by 40