02-17-07, 11:10 AM   #1
Violeta
A Murloc Raider
is there a mod that...

tells you which items in your inventory is for a quest that I've abandoned? I think I have a bunch of quest items that are for quests that I've abandoned and they are taking up space. I don't want to delete anything I'll need tough.
Thanks!
02-17-07, 07:37 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Violeta
tells you which items in your inventory is for a quest that I've abandoned? I think I have a bunch of quest items that are for quests that I've abandoned and they are taking up space. I don't want to delete anything I'll need tough.
Thanks!
Not sure about that but you could just goto www.thottbot.com and search for the item. Will tell you there.
02-17-07, 07:42 PM   #3
Auralei
A Cyclonian

Actually, I've noticed that lately, if I abandon a quest the quest item disappears out of my pack altogether the second I hit Abandon quest.
02-18-07, 10:05 PM   #4
Violeta
A Murloc Raider
hmm

if it automatically disappears, then i have a looot of quests that require an object. *sigh*
02-19-07, 11:30 AM   #5
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some will auto-disappear while others will stay in your inventory. The ones that often auto-disappear are the ones given to you by the questgiver. But let's say you pick up one Troll ear and then abandon the quest. The troll ear will stay in your pack. Likewise, if the quest needs 10 troll ears and you end up with 11 and turn-in the quest, then 1 (uneeded) will be left in your pack. Also, some items (given by the questgiver) that are intended to be expended during the quest and are not completely used--will also stay in your pack. For example, let's say you have to drop a totem to summon a boss and instead of you dropping the totem, a group member does it. In that case, you'll still have the totem after you turn in the quest.

SO.... I know that doesn't answer your original question, but I did want to make it clear that you end up with lots of quest items you dont need as you progress through the game.

In answer to your original question-- No, there really isn't an addon that does this for you. The problem is that there would need to be a database that matched every item to all the possible quests in order for it to be accurate. There are addons that can be helpful though. Questfu, for example, will tell you how many of an DROP items you need for active quests. This can be helpful for quickly telling you if it's an important item. It won't, however, tell you if an item is needed to DO something in the quest (like open something, summon a mob, whatever). Another addon that can be useful is called Master Trade Skills.

Hope that helps!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » is there a mod that...