04-18-09, 07:41 AM   #41
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Left-clicking on a button while in binding mode will lock that button's binding, so it cannot be changed or erased. Right-clicking a button while in binding mode will set that binding as a priority bind, meaning when that button shows, it will override all others and release that priority when hidden.
Maul - In my experience if I bind a bar 1-8 for example.
Lock that bar.
Bind another bar 1-8. (Vehicle)
Lock that bar.

Use them, all works great.

If I then unlock and unbind the vehicle bar, 1-8 on the main bar are gone. I can't replicate this right now because my vehicle bar won't stay visible after I /mac config (I used to mac config, flip to vehicle state, /mac bind adn then I could bind it.)

04-18-09, 07:59 AM   #42
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Zanthor View Post
Maul - In my experience if I bind a bar 1-8 for example.
Lock that bar.
Bind another bar 1-8. (Vehicle)
Lock that bar.

Use them, all works great.

If I then unlock and unbind the vehicle bar, 1-8 on the main bar are gone. I can't replicate this right now because my vehicle bar won't stay visible after I /mac config (I used to mac config, flip to vehicle state, /mac bind adn then I could bind it.)
Okay, I will check it out, thanks

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

04-18-09, 03:03 PM   #43
Darkorical
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Darkorical View Post
alright I have been trying to get something to do popup menues for a while now

basically what I think Im looking for is is it possible to hide/unhide a bar by clicking on a button in another bar
When 3.1 hits, macaroon will have fully functioning anchor button/bar options.
alright I have set up a fishing bar named it fishing and added my buttons to it then made another bar with buttons that I dont want to do anything so I made them macros that only contain / and then set one of them to click anchor and selected fishing from the dropdown.

while in bar edit this works GREAT I click the button fishing shows up I click it again and it goes away. but I close Bar edit and fishing shows up and when I click the button it only blinks at me.

Help?

04-18-09, 03:13 PM   #44
busbyj
A Murloc Raider
Left-clicking on a button while in binding mode will lock that button's binding, so it cannot be changed or erased. Right-clicking a button while in binding mode will set that binding as a priority bind, meaning when that button shows, it will override all others and release that priority when hidden.
OK, I'll make sure to lock everything, even when I'm playing with key binding layouts.

You may want to consider changing the tooltip that is displayed when hovering over a button while in Binding Mode. It currently says "Hit ESC to clear this button's current binding(s)"

To:

"Hit ESC to clear all unlocked button bindings"

That would make a user quickly think about locking their bindings, and it would make the current results of clearing a binding make more sense. It just feels odd to press escape to clear a single button's binding and as a result, all unlocked bindings removed.

Thanks for listening.

Jason

04-19-09, 05:11 AM   #45
M43usch3n
A Murloc Raider
4 some reason

hi

for some reason the keybindung for my vehicle bar don't work correctly!
i bound key for my "normal" bar, but when i bound keys for my "vehicle" bar i lost the bindung for my "normal" bar - the buttons in my normal bar were still marked with 1-x since i locked them, but pressing the keys did'nt have an effect

04-19-09, 12:12 PM   #46
busbyj
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by M43usch3n View Post
hi

for some reason the keybindung for my vehicle bar don't work correctly!
i bound key for my "normal" bar, but when i bound keys for my "vehicle" bar i lost the bindung for my "normal" bar - the buttons in my normal bar were still marked with 1-x since i locked them, but pressing the keys did'nt have an effect
M43usch3n,

Here is my workflow (there may be better ways of doing it, but this works perfect for me): I simply created a new bar with a number of buttons to represent the standard blizzard bar. I then setup the same functionality on those bars that I had on my blizz bar. Next, I entered bind mode and assigned keys 1 - 0 (though you don't have to use all of the keys, I only used 1 - 7). Then, I locked each of those bindings.

Next, I created another bar, opened the editor and checked 'Vehicle'. Then, switched to the vehicle state on that bar and bound keys 1-0 from left to right. While in bind mode, right click on each button to set them to have 'Priority'. This means that those bindings will override the other bar's bindings once this bar becomes visible (when you get into a vehicle). And that's it.

Again, there may be better ways of doing this, but this works perfect for me and I've had no problems whatsoever.

As for my original Blizzard bar, I simply keep it hidden and do not use it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jason

04-19-09, 01:23 PM   #47
M43usch3n
A Murloc Raider
hi

my problem is not to use the vehicle spell. binding them to the vehicle bar works perfectly - for the vehicle.
My keybindings are locked, but after binding the same keys to the vehicle bar (i dont use "priority" since on a vehicle only the vehicle bar is shown) i can - for some reason - no longer use those keys for my normal bar

i tried some combinations, but "locking" normal bar and "prioritiy" vehicle bar does not work for me! i can use the keys for the either normal bar or the vehicle bar, but i cannot use the same key for both

04-19-09, 02:14 PM   #48
busbyj
A Murloc Raider
hi

my problem is not to use the vehicle spell. binding them to the vehicle bar works perfectly - for the vehicle.
Yep, that is correct. But your standard 1 - X buttons from the main blizzard bar stop working, right? No matter what you do to the Vehicle bar, correct? And you are looking for some way to have keys 1 - X work for the blizzard bar when not in a vehicle, and then have the same keys work for the vehicle when you get in one, right?

That is exactly what happened to me. And above, I gave direction for how I resolved the issue.

If this is not the problem, then I am misunderstanding what you are asking.
Locking and setting priority on your vehicle bar buttons will not enable the standard blizzard bar hotkeys. You need to create a new bar for those functions, add your actions to the new bar and bind the keys 1 - X. Again, directions are in my post above. Using this setup, I can use keys 1 - X (1 - 7 for me) for my standard spells, and then when I get in a vehicle, keys 1 - X work for the vehicle. Jump out, and the keys are back to controlling the spells.

In the end (for me), I have no icons on my standard blizzard bar. They now all exist on a custom Macaroon bar.

Hope this helps to clear things up. If I am misunderstanding, my apologies... but if you could try explaining it in a different way, I'd be more than happy to try to help.

Cheers,

Jason

04-20-09, 01:59 PM   #49
M43usch3n
A Murloc Raider
hi
thanks for trying to help^^

if i understood you: i should have one normale bar with the keys 1-9 locker and one vehicle bar with the keys 1-9 on priority

thats my status now, but it doesn't work

i think I missunderstood you, corrections are welcome^^

04-21-09, 02:23 AM   #50
Arcana
A Defias Bandit
I updated to the latest version and this worked for me, thank you very much for your add-on! Most flexible bar addon I've used.

04-21-09, 07:22 AM   #51
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, haven't had any problems ina while then suddenly a big one came up. I had downloaded all the recent versions and the extras and the extensions.

I noticed that we could now move the Loot Roll Boxes and was very pleased. I moved them off to the side of the screen. Last night in a dungeon the loot roll boxes never showed up. I tried to find them and they seemed to have been moved off my screen or something, such that I could not find the boxes to move into place.

Is there a way to reset those boxes so that I can re-move them to an appropriate place?

Thanks,
Prot

04-21-09, 11:52 AM   #52
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Dual Spec: Toggle a bar to allow it's buttons to update data based on current spec.
Is this working for anyone? I have the option checked on my existing bar, flip spec's and nothing changes.

I created a new bar, and no changing...

I also tried changing the bars states like you would from normal to vehicle and there didn't seem to be a "spec 1" or "spec 2" option.

04-21-09, 01:08 PM   #53
M43usch3n
A Murloc Raider
Is this working for anyone? I have the option checked on my existing bar, flip spec's and nothing changes.

I created a new bar, and no changing...

I also tried changing the bars states like you would from normal to vehicle and there didn't seem to be a "spec 1" or "spec 2" option.
this works fine for me, i just checked the boxes where i want it to flips and it flips every time i change my talents!

04-21-09, 01:10 PM   #54
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
this works fine for me, i just checked the boxes where i want it to flips and it flips every time i change my talents!
If you /mac config does it give you two states?

04-21-09, 01:29 PM   #55
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

I am looking through the dual spec stuff again. In general, the dual spec features work, just not in ways that are immediately expected and are cause for confusion.

The dual-spec option on the bars does have a possible bug, but once you re-log the bug should vanish. But like I said, I am working through the "feel" of the dual spec features in Macaroon. Unlike other bar addons, I have to manage dual spec data on buttons where others get it handled by Blizzard server-side. So I have to go through the pains of seeing what works and what doesn't

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

04-22-09, 10:56 AM   #56
M43usch3n
A Murloc Raider
If you /mac config does it give you two states?
my vehicle bar does, vehicle & normal
my normal bar does not, only when i use the dualspec ability, it changes

04-22-09, 03:51 PM   #57
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Fixed for the next update! and thanks!
The cooldowns don't work for all my spells sir... it's wierd as hell, but shocks don't show cooldowns, neither does chain lightning... lava burst does...

Just did some testing, teh cooldown graphic (gray overlay that spins like a clock hand) works, but the text link doesn't for all buttons...

04-22-09, 09:09 PM   #58
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
The cooldowns don't work for all my spells sir... it's wierd as hell, but shocks don't show cooldowns, neither does chain lightning... lava burst does...

Just did some testing, teh cooldown graphic (gray overlay that spins like a clock hand) works, but the text link doesn't for all buttons...
It seems that spells under 4 seconds don't put a timer on the bar, just spin the gray clock.

04-22-09, 10:06 PM   #59
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

It seems that spells under 4 seconds don't put a timer on the bar, just spin the gray clock.
Ah, okay, that is the way it is designed. Basically 5 seconds and above would be worthy of timing. If it was at 0 limit, you would see text timers on all GCD events

If you think it should be lower, let me know, and I will look into it. But it has been at this setting since Trinity Bars

04-23-09, 05:24 AM   #60
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Ah, okay, that is the way it is designed. Basically 5 seconds and above would be worthy of timing. If it was at 0 limit, you would see text timers on all GCD events

If you think it should be lower, let me know, and I will look into it. But it has been at this setting since Trinity Bars
My DPS lowered by about 800 due to not having a timer on flameshock which now has a 3 second timer.

Unless I'm mistaken GCD is 1.5 or lower due to haste, so could you set it at 2? Or hell, just tell me where it's set (variable I'd hope?) and I'll fix my own copy and the rest of the world can be stuck that way .

I changed line 588 of macaroon_buttons.lua from a 4 to a 2 and that solved it, I'd ask that you change this so shamans everywhere can have their proper cooldown displayed . That said, thats fixed...

Last edited by Zanthor : 04-23-09 at 05:48 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread