12-16-09, 10:15 AM   #1
Berry
A Defias Bandit
Disable Punk

I have noticed that when in Dal and other places that my lag is terrible. Due to the L4G button not being on carbonite for a few days i uninstalled it until it was patched. During that time my lag was much improved! Then the update and of course i reinstalled it. Now my Dal lag is back... I am thinking it is the constant scanning for Punks in dense population areas.

Is there a way to not just hide the Punk stuff but to completely disable it?

I do very little PVP as a dungeon crawler and have had no use for that feature on a PvE server.

Last edited by Berry : 12-16-09 at 11:59 PM.

12-22-09, 06:20 PM   #2
Berry
A Defias Bandit
is this the wrong place to ask this question?

12-22-09, 08:13 PM   #3
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I disable punk scanning in Dal -- there is an option to turn it off in Sanctuary cities like Shatt and Dalaran. Can't remember the option name but it is in there.

01-03-10, 09:15 PM   #4
Berry
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
I disable punk scanning in Dal -- there is an option to turn it off in Sanctuary cities like Shatt and Dalaran. Can't remember the option name but it is in there.
Actually, in the Punk options it says "Show punk detection in safe areas (sanctuary)" it is still scanning and detecting punks.

i would like to shut that feature completely off.

01-03-10, 10:15 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Actually, in the Punk options it says "Show punk detection in safe areas (sanctuary)" it is still scanning and detecting punks.

i would like to shut that feature completely off.
Go into /carb options, uncheck anything that has to do with Punks in the "Social and Punks" menu heading. Should fully disable anything that punks does.

01-04-10, 03:15 PM   #6
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

yeah i really wish there was a carbonite-lite addon that did only quests, tracking and map marking, and nothing else. it's pretty bloated for a quest addon.

dont get me wrong though, i still enable it on toons i'm questing with, but for my 80s that are finished questing, it's all mapster.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Disable Punk